Snack Time is Learning Time

In an effort to incorporate learning into everyday life (I'm thinking about homeschooling -gulp...) I'm becoming more aware of opportunities to teach simple lessons without my kids even really knowing it, because secret learning is fun learning, right?

Today I turned snack time into a little lesson in comparisons and preferences, also throwing in some writing and color skills. Ben wanting to try out a new snack we bought yesterday but couldn't decide which flavor he wanted. So we made a little chart.

He taped the wrappers to the paper, then wrote the flavors under each wrapper; Wildberry and Strawberry. We saw that both words have the word 'berry' in them.


Then I had him find a crayon that was the most similar in color to the fruit roll. After that he tried them both and used descriptive words to tell me what he thought about them.



Strawberry was the winner, by the way. :-)

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
i love these learning times! way to go, smart mama!!!
danp said…
good job Sarah! Home schooling? ah,,,,,,I'd think about that...you can suppliment school with your own emphasis, but, all day????? wow....I'm really proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments