Tag: I'm It

My friend Karen "tagged" me on her blog which means I have to answer these questions on my blog. And, since I've been lacking in creativity lately, I will gladly oblige. I hope Julie, Carrie, and Lolly will oblige as well. (If I didn't say you, it's because I got tired of copy&pasting blog site links... so if you have a blog and you think it'd be fun to answer these questions consider yourself tagged.) :-)

1. The ideal Saturday morning looks like ...
Sleeping in WITH Mark (which means we'd have to have someone here to get up with our kids...) and a hot breakfast consisting of homemade biscuits (store bought are fine, I use them, but on my "ideal Saturday" I want the real stuff!) country gravy (which would require someone southern to be here - ahem, MOM.) eggs, bacon, a mocha, and orange juice. After our delicious breakfast we'd have an adventure at a park with the Caruana family. :-) A girl can dream...


2. A place I would like to go for a 3 month stay (at a time of my choosing and it wouldn't cost me a thing) ...
London, so I could get some Auntie time in with my littles over there.

3. People who are currently inspiring me ...
These moms, Amy, Pam and Carrie (my three amazing sister-in-laws). My husband.

4. Music I'm enjoying these days ...
Well shoot, not Jennifer Knapp anymore... just kidding.
This is a slightly painful question for me because music and the music scene and people who listen to music used to be a really big part of my life. But marrying a man with slightly different tastes (he likes country, but I still love him) then having kids whose ears I try and protect (not that I'm listening to bad stuff, I just don't really need Ben going around singing 'Jeremy' or some other great PJ song.) and being pregnant and/or nursing for the better part of 5 years hasn't left me with time, money or energy to go to shows like I used to. All this to say... I would love to have a band that I LOVE right now, but I don't. I will say that I've been really into Hymns lately. So there's that.


5. Things I wish I could do more ...
Lay around. Write. Read. Go on family adventures, all together. (Is 'all together' implied when I say 'family'?)


6. Personal growth things I'm working on ...
Keeping a calendar. Praying with people in the moment instead of saying, "I'll pray for you." then never actually praying for them. (Am I the only one who does that?)


7. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is ...
Read a Psalm from the Bible app on my phone while I nurse Mia.


8. Websites I think other people should check out, whether for giggles or insight or practical solutions ...
This funny mom blog, Amazima, Dr.Sears

Comments

Darren Prince said…
just have to say how much it warms my hear that of all the places you could go for three months it would be here in London! love that! thanks for making my day.
Lolly Caruana said…
ok ok, i'll do it! but just not now. :) do i sound like a procrastinator or what?!! saturday morning adventures, here we come (sometime between june 9th and 23rd!!!) i love you forever and feel super loved by you!!!
XOXO
tim bower said…
I love this! Your ideal sat. breakfast sounds so good!
tim bower said…
this is not Tim this is mariah
Anonymous said…
ooo, i love your Saturday morning! :) And love hearing about people who are inspiring you and things you are learning.

XOXO

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments