Here's a Nugget

Want to know one of the best pieces of advice ever given to me? I will tell you, because I feel like we've gotten closer and because I go on all the time about loving Jesus more and saving the world and you hang with me, so you deserve to be privy to such a treasure as this.

First I should tell you that my first real crush was on Prince William.

Not this one:


This one:

When he was young and his sweet mother had just tragically died. I don't even know how i knew about it, but I did and my heart was so heavy for him because I felt like he wasn't going to be able to be sad or happy or anything as long as he was living within the palace walls. So I wrote him a letter, dead serious here, I wrote him and told him that if he ever needed to just "get away" he could come stay with me and my family and I would tell everyone he was an old friend from Mississippi. (How he was going to mask his British accent with a southern drawl was up to him). Needless to say he did not take me up on my offer.

Ok, back to one of the best pieces of advice ever given to me...

It was given by my daddy. :-)

What's the advice? And how on earth does it relate to Prince William?

My dad told me, right before I married Mark, that one of the best things I could ever do for my marriage is treat Mark like he is number one over anyone, EVER. Treat him like no matter who asked me to dinner I would say no way! because I already have the best dinner date in the world. Even if every movie star and every model and every super hot soccer player in the world (you know who I'm talking about Hools) were lined up begging me to run away with them I'd laugh in their faces because my husband has them all beat and I wouldn't trade him for anything, or anyone. Not even Prince William.

So that's what I do.

I know, I know, it's a bit of a stretch to think that David Beckham would be at my door pining after me, but I can't say that the single dad at the park hasn't given me the eye, looking for a baby mama. (Then he quickly turns away as he sees "the baby" far out number "the mama" with me, ha!.) But I think you get the point.

I love that advice, and I love doing my best to live it out every day. So there you go. Love your mate like they're the #1 person in the world. (Of course they're not really, that spot has been filled.)

Comments

Kelly said…
That is such great advice. I often recall something Dr. Laura says all the time, which is, "Wake up each morning trying to think of how you can make your husband's day easy and him happy." Sounds cheesy and too simple, but I think it's so practical and such an easy thing to do because we know better than anyone what would make our husbands happy, whether it be something tangible, or something we say to them. :)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me