Thanking God for Troy



Me: Troy, you are NOT allowed to scream at the top of your lungs!

Troy raises hand to ask a question.

T: Am I allowed to scream at the bottom of my lungs?

Me: NO.

T: What are lungs?

Me: Lungs hold air in your body.

T: In my booty?

God was so gracious with Troy when He formed him. He knew that Troy would struggle with anger and self control and would require lots of heart training and patience. He also knew that Troy would have a mom who is prone to yell, but has a weakness for humor. So God gave Troy super humor strength. The best part of this gift is that it shines in the greatest moments; moments when this mama would otherwise be tempted to scream and shout and throw a fit of her own.

I will never forget my very favorite "anger-breaker"...

Me: Troy, one day you are going to be accountable for your actions!

T: AWESOME! I would LOVE to be a cannon ball!!!



Thank you Lord for Troy and his humor. Thank you for his strength and passion. I cannot wait to see how you are going to use him, and all of his fantastic traits for Your Kingdom!

Comments

Judy Prince said…
Love, love, love this post!! I have my own "Troy" stories and I think he is one funny guy (even though he told me he is a "movie guy" cause he loves to watch movies) One night when Dan was feeling a bit low, I said, "I'm going to get Troy cause he will make you laugh!" It's true, Troy has a gift of making others laugh (at his own expense I must add) but it's a wonderful gift that I appreciate. I hope you are keeping a record of his "funnies" ~~ maybe it's the making of a really great "Troy-isms" book.
Love the pictures, too.
sfitz said…
I think I've posted on him like this before, but it's fun to remember all his silly things.
Jim said…
Love the cannon ball
Is It sinful? Ha!
Jessica said…
Your Troy is my Luke! Love the stories and the pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me