Mia

I wasn't planning on writing about Mia on her birthday because I didn't write about Ben or Addison on theirs. But then I remembered that LIFE'S NOT FAIR and my six children are pretty well aware of that, so write about Mia I will.

There is a line in a song and every time I hear it I think it was written for Mia...

"I know that it's been said before, but you're my human holiday."


Mia IS a human holiday!

Everything about her is whimsical and theatrical and magical and wild. I mean, have you seen her hair? (Or  - dare I even mention - her EYES???)

Her heart is so gorgeous, I want her to give me lessons on how to be.

She is crazy articulate, and expressive.

Supper funny.

Loves, loves, LOVES God's creatures, especially anything in the canine family (not her mother's child but whatevs, at least she likes chocolate.)

She's getting to know Jesus. She hears God's word and she obeys it... or tries to... most of the time.

My prayer is that her joy, her big eyes and larger than life smile will keep drawing people in. And as she gets to know Jesus she will be able to draw people in, not only to her, but to HIM.

Mia Joy, my little joy, you are so perfectly named. You add spice and creativity and passion and JOY to everything you touch. I STILL can't believe I get to be your mama.


You are my human holiday!


And even though there is only one day a year set aside to celebrate you, I am floored that I get to celebrate every single moment of life with you.


We are kindred spirits, you and me.



You are a treasure. A pure, real, living breathing treasure!

And it has been a pleasure to celebrate you today, your 6th birthday.


Who am I kidding? With you, everyday is a celebration!

"For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love... 
because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you." 
Philemon 1:7















Comments

goneladybuggin said…
Happy Birthday Miss Mia 💐

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments