Road To Boise, Part Two



And then one day... 

NOVEMBER, 2017.

I was checking the Instagram for a short sec, and I saw my friend posting some pics from her vacay in - you guessed it - Boise, Idaho.

I mentioned to her the bit about Mark wanting to move there, but me not being ready, and us committing to pray about it...

OH! Let's rewind five months, back to when Mark and I were sitting in Eagle, contemplating a move there...

"If only there were a Compass Bible Church here, " I said.

"I'd move tomorrow." I said.


Okay, keep that in mind, now back to November and me messaging my buddy~~


"Compass Bible Church, Boise????" I joked.

(You know that feeling you get when you text someone and you see this ...)

Yep. You know. 

Well that's what she did. FOR. EH. VER.

And I'm all, "What is she writing???" 

And she's all, 
And I'm all, "WHAT ARE YOU WRITING??????"

And she's all, 

And I'm like, "For REALZ, press SEND already!!!!" 

And she's all, 


And so on and so forth... until eventually, the text comes through, and... am I reading this correctly??? There's a list... and of said list there's a SHORT LIST... and on said short list is a BOISE, IDAHO... as ... a ... POSSIBLE ... Compass Bible Church ... church plant (?!?!?!??!???!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?)

And I'm all,
NO. WAY.

"Well," I said. "My prayers might be shifting." 

And so they did. 

From, "Dear Lord, we don't know what to pray for Boise, do you want us there?" 

To,  "Lord, could this be why you've put Boise on our hearts?" 

And, "These years of pruning and growing, is it for this? So we could be a part of starting up a Compass Bible Church there? Is that what You're doing here?"

And then, "God, if you want us to go, we'll go, we're ready." 

We had prayed for clarity and we were on the brink of it. We had prayed for an open door and we were standing on the welcome mat. We had asked for a why and given a glimpse at a reason. Not an answer, no absolutes, nothing set in stone, just a hint of a maybe and a prayer for more prayer. 

So we prayed and waited. We waited and prayed. 


Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!
Psalm 27:14

~~~~~~

 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, 
 give thanks in all circumstances;
 for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

TO BE CONTINUED...

PS. Fun Fact: Mark fractured his ankle the week before our trip last May (thanks, CBC Ultimate Frisbee, insert emoji eye roll here) and he couldn't walk. BUT, he could scoot! So he -literally- scootered around the Treasure Valley... everywhere. It. Was. AWESOME. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me