Hi, it's me again.

That last post seems a liiiiiiiiiitle melodramatic for my liking. But I don't want to remove it altogether because in the moment of when I wrote it, it was very much how I felt; spent on all accounts. That's usually how I feel every night around 8:30. Like all day I've been a vending machine/slave/genie in a bottle, but not the sexy - Christina Aguilera - genie in a bottle, more like a "POOF! What do you want? POOF! What do you want" genie. Not nearly as cool. We took (or attempted to take, rather) a family walk last weekend and about 50 steps into it, (50 steps, 100 stops, 12 snacks, 4 melt downs, and 24 water breaks), Mark looked at me and said, "Constant Maintenance". He hit the nail on the head with that one. Someone always needs something.

But don't let me steer you wrong here, maintenance isn't necessarily a bad thing. I might even go as far to say it's a pretty good thing. It's my job to serve, and to serve with a joyful heart even. I have a little card on the side of my refrigerator that has Matthew 10:42 written on it. "And if, as my representatives, you give even a cup of cold water to a little child you will surely be rewarded." I need to keep that verse in mind as I retrieve the umpteenth cup of water (or hot milk, whichever the case may be). Phillippians 2:14 is a good one too. "Do everything without arguing or complaining".

Yikes.

Did that really say EVERYTHING? Shoot.

Maybe that one needs to be blown up to a poster size and hung above the fireplace.

So yeah, there are times when I just want to scream "DO IT YOURSELF!", but if I wanted to be surrounded by people who could do everything themselves then I wouldn't have had kids. Or gotten married.

Maintenance, when done joyfully and with an attitude that says, "I'm doing this for you, Jesus", then it's a blessing to the receiver and the maintainer. And that's me, The Maintainer.

That was a little peppier, don't you think?

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
tis the season, right? :) may God give you great strength, and enable your eyes and heart to see your reward now, as you serve Him. i love you, beautiful mama! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments