Addie's Babies, for my Memory

Addison has roughly nine "babies" that she takes care of on a daily basis. Nine. And she takes care of them all day long, it's pretty amazing, she puts me to shame really. She feeds, dresses, walks, naps, reads to, sings to and loves on these babies from morning till night. She LOVES her babies. The other day she came out of her room and let me know that she was off to college and I needed to babysit for her. Later she spotted me not doing my "job" and said, "Mom, babies don't babysit themselves". Right. Got it.

My favorite thing about her babies are their names, she named them months ago and the names stuck. You can ask her any of their names and they're the same name for the same baby every time... it's pretty awesome. It helps that three of them are Hannah and two are Bella. Then there's Minnie (fitting, since it's a Minnie Mouse), Baby Lucy (which has been her constant favorite for over two years), Addison (as in - Addison Jr.) and my personal favorite, a pig named Oink-Oink-Picture-Taken-Bear-Blue. What? Where did she come up with that name? I have no idea, but it's the pig's name, and I think it's awesome. Kind of reminds me of when I was young and I had a stuffed animal rabbit named Shady Philadelphia Mamaw Prince.

I love that she loves babies! I wonder where she got that from?

:-)

Comments

Meg said…
She is a pip! I love the lax babysitter comment!
Judy Prince said…
Love it. I'm glad she enjoys her babies and taking care of them. That was a sweet part of my childhood as well, and I LOVED all my dolls. I still remember their names.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments