My Christmas Message

I'm preparing my heart for celebrating the birth of my savior this week and the closer I get to the day the more I realize what the message for me is this season: Come again, Jesus! I love reading the Christmas story from the Word; seeing prophesies fulfilled and getting to usher in this baby King, remembering what a magnificent gift God the Father gave to us. I love singing christmas carols that focus my mind on the wonder and the power of his birth. I've been paying particular attention the words of the songs I've sung my entire life, and this week I started singing them with less remembrance and more anticipation, urgent anticipation.

O come, O come, Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel...
~
Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare him room, ...
He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love...
~
Said the king to the people everywhere,
listen to what I say
Pray for peace, people everywhere!
listen to what I say
The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light
~
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger
In all our trials born to be our friend.
Truly He taught us to love one another
His law is love and His gospel is peace
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
And in His name all oppression shall cease

I think a lot of Christmas songs are meant for us to remember and reflect on what Jesus brought to the earth the day he was born, but I'm singing these songs today and thinking He needs to come back and bring it again. I am ready, SO ready, for Christ to establish his kingdom on earth here and now. We need goodness and light, we need for all oppression to cease, we need peace on earth, we need Jesus to come again.

O come, O come, Emmanuel!

Comments

Judy Prince said…
AMEN! Let it be.
Rodrigo Barbosa said…
Glória a Deus eu creio que a minha nação também vai estar Sarada,toda a injustiça também não havera..Senhor Jesus aguadamos a sua volta

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments