Oh Me

I talk too much. I defend myself when I should be humble. I'm a one-upper, especially when it comes to talking about my kids. I think about what I'm going to say next while barely listening to the person who is still talking. I talk a lot about things I want to do and then do hardly any of them. I misrepresent my God, which is heartbreaking and scary. I hurt people's feelings. I comment on facebook and blogs like it's my job, no really, like it's my duty to put my two cents worth in, like I'm doing people a great service.

I'm kinda grossed out by the amount of ME I put out there.

It's not about me.

It's about Christ, period. And when I talk and talk and talk I take that focus away, and kind of borrow his glory for a moment, and it has got to stop.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Isaiah 32:17
And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.


These two verses cut me to the core, and provide much for me to meditate on - quietly.

Comments

linsey said…
i needed this. thank you. and by "you" i mean G-D. ;)
Anonymous said…
2 Corinthians 12:9

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Recognizing and admitting our weaknesses gives God His proper space to grow us. I pray that Christ's power (that's a huge statement) will rest on you.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me