Woohoo!!!

Mark and I got away for the night last weekend! It was SO refreshing to just be with him. No agenda, except the fantastic wedding we made it to late Saturday afternoon. We ate when we wanted, what we wanted (without sharing with anyone!) and just breathed and talked and relaxed. I was giddy the entire time. (Thank you to my stellar mom-in-law and Nonny who loved on our kids and kept them alive for 36+ hours!!)

We toured Stone Brewery.

I've never toured a brewery before, so it was really interesting.


The architecture was probably my favorite part. You can guess what Mark's favorite part was...



If you're ever in the San Marcos/Escondido area check it out. Free tours + free beer = nice kick off to our get away. :-) Plus they serve their (locally roasted) coffee in a french press. Hello! That was awesome.



The next morning we ate breakfast at a hole-in-the-wall cafe in old town Carlsbad, it was perfection. I'm so happy that my parents raised me to love and appreciate the town hole-in-the-wall joint. Always the best food, always.

After that we drove down PCH in Mark's speedy car and stopped when we wanted for whatever we wanted. One time it was just so we could sit on a bench and watch the ocean and talk about whatever...


...like how Mark would coach me across a piranha filled river using a tree he chopped down while stranded (together) on a deserted island. Because when you don't have four chatty-cathys vying for a spot in the conversation you can talk about silly daydreamy stuff.

Then we worked our way back up PCH and ate at a real Mexican food place (because they have those in abundance San Diego county) and changed for the wedding in a Old Navy dressing room.



(Please notice the GORGEOUS necklace I am wearing. It too can be yours for only $25!! Bring my bestie's baby HOME!)

After a full day and a half of just Mark my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I am so grateful to have a husband that after nearly 9 years of being married (granted I realize that's not exactly a long time) I still really, really, really like him. The love factor is a given, but that I just enjoy him so much and feel like I'm the lucky one who gets to know this guy like no one else gets to is pretty awesome.



Aaaaaand... we totally missed our kids (but not until the very end). We even listened to audio-memo messages recorded by them for a good portion of the 45 minute drive home. :-) Cannot get over the gift the Lord has given me in my family, and what grace He has shown to shower me with such undeserved blessings.

Comments

Julie Snell said…
So glad you guys got some alone time! I want a necklace...next time I see you can we make that happen?
Wendy said…
I want one too... oh and let me know if a month or so if you are preggers :P XOXO
sfitz said…
You're hilarious Wendy. Hilarious. :-)
Kaci Mae said…
So, what was the hole-in-the-wall place and the good Mexican place? (We used to live there, so I'm curious!) I'm glad you got away and enjoyed it so much!
sfitz said…
I'm so sorry Kaci neither one of us can remember! We were walking down one of the main streets in downtown Carlsbad and there were three little breakfast places all in a row, with a donut shop between them. We ate at the one across the street from the donut shop, next next door, does that make sense? It was awesome. It your own coffee and silverware type thing. Just my style. Can't remember the Mexican place either (how did you remember so many details from your European vacation????) It was really big and next to an Old Navy, and had the best Horchata I've ever had. :-) It was a lovely, lovely time. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me