EASY Soup

I have friends that work at Trader Joe's, (I like to bag my own groceries and pretend I work there too), so when they told me about this really yummy chicken tortilla soup I knew I'd love it. Mark isn't a huge soup fan - he eats it but doesn't LOOOOOOOOOVE is as I do, so I make it for lunch and then eat off it for a handful of days. What makes it even awesomer (just to continue my overuse of the word 'awesome') I use chicken that Mark cooks on the grill. We're talking GOOD chicken. Just so we're all clear - I realize this is more "opening, pouring and heating" than actual cooking, but I'm ok with that.

TJ's Chicken Tortilla Soup

Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup (that's your base)
One can of Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of Fire Roasted Corn, it's in the freezer section ( I really like corn, so I put a lot in. All of the measuring in this is to your preference... it's FAIL PROOF, can I get an amen?!)
Chopped, cooked chicken. I use about 2 cups? I have no idea.
Salt
Pepper
Hot sauce (We like the Jalapeno Hot Sauce, from TJ's of course)
Cilantro if you have it.
Fresh lime juice. (You can totally make it without this, but I always miss it when I'm out of limes),

Heat and serve with cheese, avocado, tortilla chips (or Fritos if your a Twin), sour cream and all of your other favorite tortilla soup fixings. It's so simple, I know, but seriously every time I eat it think I have GOT to share this recipe people! So there you go. Enjoy!

Comments

Julie Snell said…
Are you making us soup for dinner on Tuesday? ;) Sounds Delish!!!
Unknown said…
Ok, so I am not a soup eater either, but I think I want to make this! hahaha--it sounds like my kind of soup. I wonder if my kids would eat it? Probably not, but that's my life. ;-)
Lauren said…
Mmmmm....sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing:)
sfitz said…
Beth do NOT show this to Andrew... I think his heart would stop at the thought of what I consider a "recipe". :-)
Anonymous said…
may I testify that this 'recipe' is WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS! dad
Judy Prince said…
I'm making this soup for eating sometime this weekend on a cold and rainy day or night :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments