Enough 2012!

First we had this


Then we had this


And today we have this...


Addison got her thumb nearly ripped off in the slamming of a bathroom door (ahem, Troy may have played a part, cough cough). It was so nasty I didn't take a close of picture of it. And while Addison LOVES to show off her new little splint thing, protecting her numerous stitches and itty-bitty break, she does NOT like to talk about what happened.

Her thumb looks like a robot thumb, thus her self-dubbed new name "Robo".

Shout out to Mark who swooped in to save the day - again- when he rushed home and took Addison to the ER for me. I'm SO glad he was able to do that because from what I hear it was pretty gruesome in there.

We spent the evening treating Addison like the princess she was born to be. I told Ben not to look so peppy. . .


odds are he's next.

Comments

Julie Snell said…
Oh no! Poor little Addie! That ER is getting to know your fam too well.
Allison said…
Oh my! How terrible!!! Makes my stomach turn a little. Poor girl!
A. said…
Oh how awful! Poor Addie!

I will admit, I was chuckling at the comment about Ben's odds of being next. lol!
Wendy said…
Oh my goodness... so sad that the princess got hurt :( It is like a battleground at the Fitz house these days. Look out Ben... :P
Julie Snell said…
PS - is it wrong that I would totally like you to send me the up close pic of the hand??? :)
sfitz said…
Thanks for the love friends! And Julie, there literally is NO close up picture... It was really traumatic and she was freaking out so taking a close up was never even on my mind. Tell you what, when we take her bandage off a couple of days I'll take a picture of that, will that suffice? :)
Kaci Mae said…
Wow--I can't imagine handling that situation...and yes, I too am morbidly curious about how bad the thumb looked :) The baseball bat to the head with Troy is one that I'm sure will happen to us sometime. Hang in there!
Judy Prince said…
Having now seen the thumb up close and personal, she is one of the bravest little girls I know! That is going to hurt for many, many more days. It's touching that she still can't look at it herself...and doesn't like to talk about it. She psyched herself into letting me change the bandage but she could not look at it. She did ask, "is that my blood?" when she saw the gauze. Poor, sweet girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments