Please Pray NOW

I want to write fun things... Like about being pregnant for the fifth time and how that just might turn into the biggest bundle of blessing ever. I want to write about Big Bear and the awesome memories. About Christmas and how Mark wasn't sick. About Ben turning eight and how he's now one year closer to the age of 35 - his true age. I want to write Part 2 of Working Mom. And I want to write about life and all it's wonderful bliss and glory.

But I can't.

All I can think about is Tori Linda.

 I know I'm not her best friend, but I'm a best friend of her big sister. I'm not the one she calls when she has a secret or a new song to share, in fact I don't think she's ever called me. But I remember the day she was born. She probably doesn't know the name of my kids, and I don't know the name of her dog, but I know the significance of her name, and the name of her favorite basketball team and what music she listens to on Spotify.

And I know the God who fearfully and wonderfully made her. And she knows him too. So that makes her a bit more than my best friend's little sister, it makes her my sister too.

Praying for Tori has given me a new understanding of praying without ceasing. She is on my mind, on my tongue, on my breath constantly. My dear T family... Tim, Tami, Timmy (doubt he goes by Timmy anymore) Taylore, Tawny, Tysen and the fiery red-headed Tori... You are bathed in prayer. There are no words, really, that even hint at the depth of love for your family by a thousand people. But as great as our love is, as deeply as we (think we) feel the pain and the fear, our God loves more greatly, and feels even deeper.

So we cling to hope.

And we offer whatever can, knowing it's almost silly, but we can't just sit here and do nothing.

Praying is not nothing.

So please pray with me, please.

Pray for a miracle. For no infections. For decreased swelling. For movement, especially on her right side. For her to wake up. For a miracle.



Comments

CharliePecoraro said…
this is heart-wrenching

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me