Little t... A Clarification

My last little post on Tristan was a winner, thanks for all the love friends! I think it was all the super stealth-like pictures of him. (Mark noted what he learned from that post was that "not allowed to post pictures of him" really means "not allowed to post pictures of his eyes." So I took a little liberty with the no photos rule... can you blame me?)

I wrote that post really, really quickly, like in 3.7 minutes. I want to go back and expound on the whole adoption thing. I think it came across as an announcement of sorts and may have surprised people whom we didn't tell in person. To me it wasn't so much of an announcement because it's something we've kind of figured for a while now. Our family has always been looking to adopt him, and the longer we've gone without bio-family contact the more we figured adoption was a go. What solidified that assumption was a conversation I had with his social worker saying she was going to ask the judge to terminate parental rights at the next hearing (April) instead of waiting and asking in October . . . thus moving up the adoption to "fast-track" status. Like I said before, many things can happen that would slow down and/or stop that from happening, like attorneys stalling for more time, or his tribe showing up again (though his social worker doesn't expect them to at this point). I guess what I'm saying is the adoption is not a done deal, just heading that way. Believe me, when we get that adoption date at "Happy Court" we'll be waving banners and shouting it from rooftops.

Alrighty, I think that sums it up. Everything else was right on, especially the size of my belly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me