This Week

It's really quiet at my house.

Too quiet.

Like, "have I lost some children?" quiet.

In fact I HAVE lost some children, 66.7% of my brood is gone for 3.5 days. How'd we swing that, you ask? The amazing Papa and Gma (Mom and Dad Fitzpatrick) along with the ever fantastic sis-n-law Amy are running Camp Papa-Gma this week in Simi Valley.


Sunday we said goodbye to Ben, Addison, Troy and Mia and drove home in a very, very quiet car. Here are some things I'm noticing during their absence...

~ Less dishes. (Yay!)

~ Gabe is the equivalent of a little lost puppy. (Boooooo!)

~The couch cushions and pillows are exactly where I left them when I leave the room and return.

~ Norah is unfazed.

~ My quiet time with the Lord is lengthy. . . and quiet. :)

~ Bedtime routine takes about 3minutes, max.

~ Mark and I have really good conversations in the car because we can actually hear each other.

(Speaking of car... I am getting anxious for our next vehicle, a big ol 12 passenger van! We saw one last night and boy oh boy, it's going to be fantastic rockin' that beast!)


The kids are having a GREAT time. So great, in fact, that I get kinda bummed and wish I could be there with them. Then I listen to the silence of my house and I'm not so bummed anymore. Plus... they've pretty much mastered the "Buddy System" and it makes me happy to see them so happy with their cousins.

 Happy!

 Happy!


 Happy!

Whatever... "too cool for school" 8 year olds.

Here's to the next 52 hours!









Comments

Allison said…
Ahhhhh-mazing! I want that too! As well as the cute squishy little baby. What a doll!!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me