Closet Truth

One Christmas decoration didn't make it into the attic this year. It's not even in the garage. I just couldn't bring myself to put it away. I needed it close. I needed to see it everyday, multiple times. I needed to be reminded that just because the season is over the reason is not.

Jesus was born.

He brought life, everlasting.

Satisfaction.

He brought light.

Truth.

He brought joy

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 
John 15:11

and he didn't take it away.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

When December is over, and the world stops debating whether we can or cannot say "Christmas", or if Jesus really is the reason for the season, and all the lights come down and a pressing darkness threatens at every turn I must remember that Jesus never filled and then depleted. When we live according to his word and his purpose and his Holy Spirit resides in us then we have this outpouring of him everyday. We have fruit. Its our evidence that Christmas is Christmas and that Jesus is the reason.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

Here it is. JOY. Right next to my dresser and a sweeeeeeeet engagement photo of me and Mark. I love having it here, to remember to put on joy as I put on everything else. To be the proof that Jesus was born and is alive today, and the way an unbeliever will know I'm a believer is by my fruit. And yes, I'm admitting that I need a giant, 4 foot, bold lettered sign to remind me to have joy.

What would your sign say?



 (And seeing that classic pic everyday doesn't hurt either.)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me