My Roots Would Be Proud

I gon'dun planted me a garden! That's right folks, Fitzpatrick Farms will soon be up and running. I'd like to note that the truck and rake in this photo were used by Farmer Ben to help Mark with the diggin'. Also notice the luscious pumpkin plants we already have blooming. The plot might not look like much now, but by the end of this weekend we'll have planted all of the following (and I'm not making this up. This is what happens when Mark goes to the nursery for me. I love it!!):
Watermelon, strawberries, eggplant, corn, spinach, lettuce, two different types of onion, carrots, three different types of tomato, cucumbers, squash, pepperoncinnis, jalapenos, basil, bananamelon (yes, I said bananamelon), some other kind of melon I can't think of the name of, soybeans, peas, and a pepper Ben picked out called chocolate something or other. I think that's everything. Laugh if you will, but come harvest time you'll be lining up for a salad fresh from our garden. I'm very excited about it. We had a garden at our old house and when Ben stared eating solid foods I'd go out and pick a few carrots, grind them up and he'd eat those. It doesn't get much better than that! So, maybe I'll get to do the same for Addison. Mark has put in some good hours outside, with Ben following his every move, and soon we'll have all the space we need to plant all these goodies. AND, not only has Mark been clearing and preparing all the soil and such for the garden, he has completely cleaned out our garage so that my van AND his truck are now housed perfectly inside. Can you believe that? We had a Paul and Tina (Mark's mom & dad) moment today, him organizing the garage, me planting the garden, it was lovely. Proud moment realization: we are the only house on the block that can park both of our cars in the garage. My husband rocks.

Comments

Amy said…
well...with all that planted, I am DEFINITLEY making a trip to CA. You know I have been itching to for so long! Some day soon, I really am going to:) !!!
Anonymous said…
I am so jealous! I can't wait to see your garden "in bloom"--I don't really know what the correct term for that is:)
I tried planting some flowers this year, and my "backyard" pretty much ended up looking like the "garden" of weeds that I started out with! Oh well!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments