Thankful List

I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for and I don't want to forget it all, so here it is, a throw back to the "thankful list"

~Pinky Harper and her husband who graciously watch Ben for me 2 Tuesday nights a month so I can help lead a bible study at a shelter for women with unplanned pregnancies (Casa Teresa). I have been praying for this opportunity for over a year but couldn't find a sitter for Ben and now Addison. I can't afford to pay someone that frequently, and an every other week and FREE commitment is seemingly a lot to ask of anyone... but the Lord provided. The really neat thing is this: I went the the study one time last year and although I really wanted to be there I found myself feeling awkward, uncomfortable, inadequate and I had nothing to say. This time around I've felt completely at ease. I've been able to connect with the girls where I didn't think possible and our conversations felt led instead of forced. Just goes to show that God's timing is so much better than ours. So, thank you Lord for providing Pinky in your perfect time, for Ben being an easy kid to watch, for their daughter Haylieh who plays so nicely with Ben and for Pinky's husband Matt being open to another kid in the house even though he has to go to bed early and wake up super early.

~I'm thankful for the adorable bumper pad Amanda made for Addison. It adds the perfect touch to her room and it means so much that she'd take the time to do that for me. She is a gracious and thoughtful friend.

~ Mark's humor and understanding. Let's just say I may still be slightly hormonal since having the baby. Sweet, sweet Mark, God bless him.

~ getting to watch our garden sprout up some vegetation!

~ fun playdates for Ben this week. Ended up being a little too fun (i.e. extremely overly tired boy on Thursday afternoon), but still so nice to have friends that like to play.

~ the beautiful weather.

~ Ben's growing imagination. He's no Jesse, but he has been making up some funny stories lately. There's an ongoing one about a brown papa bear, a yellow mama bear and a pink baby bear that apparently live in his closet. Don't worry, they're friendly.

~my new friend Lorin (not to replace my current friend Lauren, she's irreplaceable!). Lorin's husband works with Mark and sort of shares the same schedule. She came over on Monday and we watched a super girly movie that Mark wouldn't be caught within 20 miles of us watching. It's fun to have a friend to watch dumb chick-flicks with. And she reminds me of me when I was newly married and super young. Ahhh, those were the days... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments