The Birthday

My birthday wasn't the dream day I had planned in my head, but really, what "dream day" ever really goes off without a hitch? Although my precious big kids were sick, and plans changed, I still had a great day and felt super loved and special and spoiled. Mark was the hero of all heros because he took complete care of the kids (stomach issues in my children is the chink in my armor - really, it's sad. I don't even want to be in the same room as them). He stayed up with Ben all night the night before my birthday, then (sort of) slept with Addison the night of my birthday, prepared to have her sick all night like Ben was, thankfully she was not. So yeah, it wasn't pretty.

BUT!

I was blessed in so many ways that day! Friends stopped by with treats and flowers, lovely Karen stole me away to get some fresh air and lunch at the mall. Wendy stayed with Ben and Addison while Mark and I attempted to go out to dinner. (Addison ended up getting sick while we were gone). Wendy also completely cleaned up every mess and changed out laundry and put the kitchen back in order and everything... I was so thankful for her (and David!) that day.

I kept thinking, wow, I feel like I have "the right" (ha!) to be really bummed right now, but I just feel so full of joy and love. That's why I believe in prayer and in God, because I know without a doubt that had my dear friends and family not been praying for me I would've been lost in self pity, unable to enjoy the sweetest birthday gestures from my kids, from Mark, from anyone. So THANK YOU friends!! I really did have a good day!

Understandably, not many pictures were taken on my birthday, but Mark gave me a really cute (yes, that's how I describe electronics) new camera that I was able to play around with a little bit.

(This picture reminds me of one my friend Mariah would take... with the sun in the background and all)


Gorgeous flowers from two gorgeous friends!


Good thing the month of October still has 7 days left... plenty of time for more birthday fun!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Confession 1. I always scroll down a blog to see if there is a picture. So before i read your blog i saw your pictures (with your new fancy camera) and I love them! The one of you and troy is beautiful. I do love catching the sun in pictures, nice of you to notice :) I'm glad you had a good bday. It's weird how the older I get the less i care about birthdays but they still bring the sense of "i get to do whatever i want!!!" To bad you were stuck inside most of the day.
Wendy said…
It is a "Mariah Type" picture and I LOVE it!
Happy Birthday again friend!
Lolly Caruana said…
i praise God for the power His Spirit gives us to see with "new" eyes what our flesh cannot. your testimony is a powerful reflection of walking in the Spirit and i celebrate how He shines in you!!! it's just another reason i am thankful that God made you! i love you in abundance, bff!!!
Anonymous said…
great testimony, Sarah! and great shots; love the sun shot, and of course flowers are the best...that is really a wonderful picture! by the way, I think the picture of Troy is the only one I have ever seen of him with a serious look on his face!! love it. dad
Candie said…
im so sorry this is so old....
that pic of you, Troy, and the sun is incredible. i love how photography can capture so much emotion- all that joy and love. and im so sorry about the sickness on your bday- but i must say reading your words about how much joy you had was so inspiring to read. ive been on the same spiritual high for quite sometime (with the occasional sob session) for quite some time now. its amazing how nothing really matters or affects us when we are so tuned into God love and mercy. Praise for Him being so real to us! love you girl and i hope you had a wonderful birthday xoox

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments