Oh, So That's Why



I read an article today that talked about five foods to eat to help you get sleepy. I frequently have trouble falling asleep at night so I thought maybe I'd get some tips, and I love food. Here's the list:

1. Cherries
2. Bananas
3. Toast
4. Oatmeal
5. Warm milk

What I learned was not ways to help me feel sleepy, but why I feel so sleepy during the rest of the day; I eat four out of the five items for breakfast everyday! Those are some of my favorite foods. I mean, I have a big mug 'o chai everyday, which is 65% warm milk. Who knew I was feeding myself sleepy foods right when I'm supposed to be waking up and feeling alert and ready for the day? So now I need to google "Foods to help me wake up" and eat those for breakfast. And come midnight when I'm tossing and turning, I will enjoy my breakfast then.



Yum.

Comments

Julie Snell said…
I always have a hard time falling asleep...thanks for the tips on how to help cure that!
sfitz said…
I would like to apologize to Wendy for the giant picture of bananas.
Anonymous said…
my mom would put me to sleep with a banana. 1. i got hungry in the middle of the night (every night) 2. it's a sleepy food. It was genius! Julie you should try melatonin it really helps with getting you to sleep, I don't know if pregnant people can take it (sarah, not julie)

Also for bug bites rub banana peel on them to stop the itching! it really works.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments