Can You Tell What it Is?




Neither can we. :-)

Last week Mark and I had the privilege to see our baby at 21 weeks along. So fun! I love seeing all the intricate little parts working so beautifully. Each time we have gone Mark and I always comment on how God is so amazing to create something so perfectly, it just blows me away! Everything is there and doing its job. We saw the brain, the lungs, the heart, kidneys, stomach, spine, intestines, fingers, toes, little lips and a nose... so precious! I was hit at how incredibly blessed we have been to have four healthy pregnancies. I think we almost take it for granted. But it's a miracle, and we recognize that, and we are loving it as much this time as we did the first time.

This conversation is almost an everyday occurrence for me:

- You're pregnant?

~ Yes.

- Did you just find out? You can't be that far along.

~ No, um, I'm over halfway... almost 5 months.

- Do you know what you're having?

~ No, we don't find out until the end.

- Do you have a feeling?

~ I thought in the beginning for sure it was a girl, but now I feel so good so I think it's a boy, but then I look in the mirror and I see a girl belly, so really I have no idea. If I HAD to place a bet, today I'd put my money on girl, but really I don't know.

- I bet you want another girl, to even it out, right?

~ Actually no, I'm pretty torn, which I guess is a good thing. Because I grew up being the only girl, I've sort of always wanted that for my daughter. But I hear great things from friends who have sisters and I think that'd be really fun for Addison too. On the other hand, if it IS a boy he and Troy will be so close in age and that might be really fun. If the world had gone mad (which I think it sort of has) and I HAD to pick what to have, I'd pick boy. But I'm not opposed to another girl at all. Really, I could go either way.

--------------

There are always variables in there of course. A few, "Seriously? Your fourth?"s a few, "I don't know how you can wait to find out"s, a couple, "I didn't even know you were pregnant"s (to which I almost always reply "You should see me at about 8 o'clock every night. I gain months by the hour."). The interesting thing is that this is the same conversation I feel like I've been having with people for years, because I have. And for some reason all those questions really bugged me when I was pregnant with Ben. I was SO tired of answering the same thing everyday. But now I love it! It's fun for me and it doesn't bother me at all. Bring on the questions, crazy looks and raised eyebrows!

Comments

Julie Snell said…
Oh baby quatro...can't wait to meet you!
Wendy said…
Feb 16th can not come soon enough for me. I want to meet Quatro!
Tay :) said…
Loved the post!! Love you my friend!!
Anonymous said…
Hello numero 4!! You are pretty cute tucked up in that foxy mommy!

Well, I suppose hearing them say "you're already 5 months?" is a heck of a lot better than saying, "your ONLY 5 months?" LOL.
sfitz said…
TRUE DAT, Karen!!
Anonymous said…
definitely a boy....anyone can see that, come on!!
dad

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments