A Little Help Please

I received some money for my birthday with the encouragement to use it on something I really need; help. What kind of help? Geez, where do I begin? Mental help? Spiritual help? Physical help? Yes. Yes. And yes. It has become slightly apparent to those who see me in action with my kids that, due to Mark's insane amount of working hours and me being (nearly) ripely pregnant, a sitter to watch my kids for a few hours every week while I, I don't know, grocery shop, clean, bathe, breathe... might be a nice gift.

At first I was like, awesome! thank you! But to be honest I had a hard time actually going through the motions of finding someone to watch the kids, especially since I'd be home some while she is taking care of them. That felt so strange to me. Why would I have someone else make my kids lunch or change a diaper when I'm right there? It was too weird, to foreign of a concept for me to really grasp and appreciate. But, lets be honest moms, if given the opportunity, wouldn't you rather stroll down the aisles of Trader Joe's sans children? Yes please! And so began my search for a sitter (I can't bring myself to use the word "nanny").

Up until now we've been extremely fortunate enough to only use family, close friends and dear neighbors to watch the kids. But those people weren't options this time around. I needed someone I didn't know so if things didn't go well I could cut ties and not be losing a sweet relationship. But, it also had to be someone who came recommended by highly trusted friends, friends with the same morals and standards we have. I sent out an email to such trusted friends and spelled out kind of sitter I was looking for:

Someone who could...

A) Keep my kids alive

B) Keep them (relatively) happy and loved

C) Clean up after them. (not looking for a house cleaner, but I did want someone who will help my kids clean up their messes - whether that be dishes they use, toys they take out, clothes they mess up, etc.)

D) Drive

Simple enough, right? A few replied and one girl caught my attention (because she was highly recommended by more than one person) and thus began our relationship with Miss Kelly.

******************* TOO BE CONTINUED*********************

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
what a cliff hanger!!! can't wait to hear more! :) p.s. that's why i specifically got you the trader joes gift card--no dilemmas about "how" to use that baby!!! :) love you!!!
Julie Snell said…
Can't wait to hear more about Miss Kelly and expecially her first interactions with the absolute characters your kids are! The stories I am sure will be awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments