Deep Breath In... 1, 2, 3...

We're moving.

There. I said it.

For months I've thought about how I would write this blog... and let me just say I am SOOOOOOOO thankful I did not write it when I first found out, what with my treacherous tongue issues, I was sure to say something I'd regret. But now that it's been awhile there is a lot less pain in the reality of it than there once was. There is sadness, for so many reasons, but there is also a joy in knowing that this house is not my true home and this earth is not my final destination. And when I start to view my everyday life in the light of the Kingdom to come, it really doesn't matter where I live, it really doesn't.

So we're moving, like, really soon. When? you might ask... I dunno. Soon. (Sorry, sweet Au Pair... hope you're cool with boxes, couches and chaos.) A few weeks maybe? By the end of June for sure. HOLY SMOKES SOON!

Where? you might also ask. I dunno. We're going to rent for awhile, and apparently having four kids is right up there with the "no pets" clause. So we're praying, praying, praying that the Lord will lead us to the perfect place for our fam, and quickly.

Pray with us! This is a CRAZY time. A stressful, disappointing, chaotic, no fun time. I took a Stress Rate Test and thought of my life over the last 6 months. I scored a 347. This is what is going to happen to me...

"If your score is over 300 the probability of becoming ill increases to 80%. Your chance of developing a serious illness or heart disease is extremely high. Stress reduction should now be a top priority. Please consider making some adjustment to your life style as well. Relaxation therapy is something that you have to do urgently."

Basically I read that as, "GO TO BURKE WILLIAMS NOW!".

But, because my hope is not in the things of this world, my hope is in the Lord alone, I am confident that no matter where I live, and no matter how high my stress rating is - through the sweet grace of Jesus - I can still be a blessing to Him.

Whoa, Sarah, getting kinda preachy eh? You bet I am! I'm tired of being all smiley and Orange County-ish. It's Christ or nothing. There is no me without him. And I cannot write a blog about a HUGE disappointment in my life without turing it back to Christ and giving him all the praise for getting us through a time when a lot of couples would throw in the towel. Resentment, anger, bitterness,- all lies the enemy wants me to eat up so that there will be one less God fearing couple out there who, instead of folding under the pressure, clings to the strength and the vision of the Lord and teaches our children to do the same. Can I get an amen?! :-)

Amen.

Comments

Wendy said…
Amen! I am losing the best nieghbor ever... but God is moving and I am excited to see what He has planned for the Fitz family. Although, still keeping my fingers crossed that it is within a 3 mile radius of the Viejo Village :)
And just so you know, Casa de Wilson will take all the Fitz kids... just no pets. So you're in here!
Julie Snell said…
So sad that you are moving from the village. I will miss seeing you and the fam so much and so easily...but we will enjoy our visits that much more when it's not easy. AMEN to your attitude with this blog post. Resentment and disappointment get behind you! Lord protect my sweet friend's family and future! Where ever you end up...we will be there to play!
Lolly Caruana said…
keep thanking and praising God, which is the gateway to His presence!!! last weekend, i flipped open a random magazine which was filled of photos of various beach homes, mostly in OC. Instead of this crazy desire welling up in me to return there, my first thought was, Lord, can I have a beach-front home in heaven? heehee. :) keep your sights on heaven...not because this life is so bad, but because that life is gonna be SO good. i'm glad i'll be there soon (with you in the OC, not heaven, as far as i know). maybe we can share some oatmeal.
The Brooner's said…
Me three, so sad. I really hope you find something close by so we can walk to the park or Frapys. Everything is meant to be and God has a plan. Its great you are letting him take the wheel Sarah, a very hard thing to do. I will be praying for the Fitz Fam and your new casa!
Hippo Brigade said…
Amen.

I will be praying for your next step.
...and for your stress, my gosh, Sarah 347?!
Jessica said…
I'm praying for you. As I was reading your blog your words really brought my favorite worship song to mind. Blessed be Your Name by Matt Redman.

I like it so much because it reminds me that God is God no matter how I feel or what I'm going through. You have a great perspective on this. I only hope when I find myself in a situation like yours I will respond with an attitude of worship and trust in Him like you have.

Who knows...maybe there is a new neighbor who really needs to meet Jesus and you are the one to introduce them. I am praying for you for peace and your heavy burden to be lifted. May you find a home where your family will thrive.

Also, Kyle & I will be at the Village on the 12th and 13th and will be available to help with whatever.
tim bower said…
You should re take the stress test now that you got a house! You have a great perspective that the things of this word should be held loosely. I pray for continued faith in Gods plans and that you and Mark can make the best choices to see His plans come to fruition.

M

I score a 287 :/

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me