Bday Eve

Tonight I will say goodbye to my 20's. Not gonna lie, it's a little sad. I liked being 20 something. I felt young, even when everything in my life made it seem like I was old, or older, I should say. My 20's were good to me. Full and rich, busy.

Stats on my 20's...

2 colleges (yes community, they still count)

8 moves

5 churches

1 engagement

1 wedding

2 major house remodels

1 turtle, 3 cats, 1 dog, 8 chickens

7 trips outside Cali

4 pregnancies, labors, deliveries, births, kids

127(+) grey hairs

So, you know, my 20's were nice. And, truth be told, the "baby of the family"-attention seeker (read:attention LOVER) in me will miss the look of shock and awe on people's faces when I tell them I'm a mother of four and still in my twenties. Mother of four and in my thirties? Meh, no biggie, isn't everybody? I've kind of always felt like that's what made me special...

(Time to dig into the real reasons I'm special.)

I'm exited because I have a feeling this will be the decade of redefinition for me. I'm praying that God will take this stuff that's been building for ten years and use it all for his kingdom. I want my 30's to be defined by growth and maturity and health and serving. I want to start working out (more on that in 72 days...), I want to serve, and have my kids serve and serve as a family. I want to grow up a bit, but not too much.

Yay for my twenties! They were fun, and now they're done.

Cake anyone?

(See? Not growing up too much:-))

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
just FYI, I texted you this morning BEFORE I read your blog. I love how intertwined our thoughts (and hearts) are! Today I celebrate YOU!!!
Hippo Brigade said…
72 days? What's that? Is that when Mia turns one? That's what I'm assuming, because I don't want to do math. Especially not on Sarah Fitzpatrick Day. I hope you have the most amazing day of warmth and love from family and friends today.
Julie Snell said…
Are you not supposed to work out until your kid is 1? There is so much I don't know about this baby thing.

Happy Birthday Sarah!!! And don't worry, I will still give you the look of shock and awe when you have 5 or 6 kids and are in your early 30's ;)
Wendy said…
127+ grey hairs huh? You have been keeping track? :P
Love you friend. Welcome to your 30's! Great and blessed years before you, I know!
sfitz said…
72 days (71 now) until I make a New Year's resolution... But it's true I won't really start working out until I stop nursing Mia. Which will probably be around 107 days, roughly. :-)

Lolly, you're text was perfect! God is so fun!

I haven't been counting the grey's, per se, but I do know that they've been in abundance for at least 8 months, so I figure that's about 127. Plus it was the first number that came to mind. :-)

Thanks for all your happy birthday wishes!! I love them and you!
Unknown said…
You are SO much more than a mom of 4 kids in your twenties! (let me say that being a mom to 4 kids seems like one of the biggest acts of service and joys ever. You're creating people, that is huge and honorable) You're smart, creative, a great listener, crafty when given the time, a reader and pursuer of knowledge... Happy birthday friend. I can't wait to see how the next 30 years unfolds for you. If you want to take up a hobby like running or knitting I'm here for you. :)

Hools - I started working out when Isaac was 3 months and didn't have a difference in milk supply. Everyone is different. I also didn't have 3 other kids to take care of so exercising was/is easy to fit into the day. I think Sarah gets more of a workout with those kiddos then most folks do in a day.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments