Leisure World and Me


Our new house is fantabulous. I am loving living here! It's nothing fancy, but I think that's what I like most about it. We are not a fancy family, so we fit right in. Our little neighborhood was built with the intention of being part of Leisure World, which pretty much surrounds us. I'm not sure why it didn't make the cut, but it was left with all the special little features of an old folks home. Like no gas. And light switches that are super low - like Mia low. And ramps for wheelchairs, which makes for some excellent scooter riding.

You know what else living in a highly concentrated city of elderly people makes for? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slooooooooow check out lines at the grocery store.

But it also makes for a surplus of grannies chomping at the (toothless) bit to ooo and ahhh over my kiddies while I wait (eons) in said lines.

And it give us a chance to practice patience, graciousness, and honoring our elders.

Our house has a lovely breeze and lots of beautiful flowers and neighbors that stop and say hello. It's small so I know where my kids are and it's close to Ben's school, Mark's work and our church - woohoo! It's also close to things like coin shops and beauty parlors and golf-cart repair stores. Oh and another benefit of living so close to these precious people is the abundance of ambulances and emergency vehicles at the ready. I've never felt so safe.

I'm so thankful for the random gift of this house. Now come visit us!

Comments

Allison said…
Hilarious and fabulous! Glad you are loving your new home.
*We shopped in one of those grocery stores when we first moved here... totally know what you are talking about.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments