Unintentional Pause

I am sorry about the break from my blog, I didn't mean to make it so long, I didn't mean for there to be a break at all, actually. It's not for lack of material, as I have kids to constantly provide something right? But here's the truth, the honest truth of why I haven't written. I have a friend who just spent 10 days in Uganda with her husband working with Katie Davis and Amazima and spending time with the least of the least. They were bombarded with emotions - and I can't help wondering how they're going to come home and process it all. How does one come back to Orange County and pick up right back where they left off and carry on? Or maybe they won't, maybe they'll be completely different and they'll pack their bags and move to Africa before any of us can say, "How was your trip?" How can I even ask her that question?? Where will she begin? So I haven't been able to write because for nearly two weeks my brain and my heart and my soul have been literally heavy with prayers for them.

I cannot wait to hear about God's glory shining there and what that looks like. I can't wait to hear about the joy and the pain and realness and the frustration and the love and the greatness and the shock and the passion and the perspective. I also can't wait to just sit and say nothing and silently be reminded that God is good, and perfect, and boundless, and just. And she doesn't have to say anything for me to know that... but I sure hope she does.

Comments

Karen said…
I love you and I am crying.
Julie Snell said…
Totally understandable. I have been blog-stalking Karen's blog to read about her trip. Life Changing!
Anonymous said…
It will change her life forever. I remember I couldn't even function in a grocery store for months so I just avoided them all together. They made me mad, confused and so sad. It sounds weird but after spending a good chunk of time with people who have little (food, clothes etc) but abound with joy and giving life as you know it has to change. I'll be praying for her and her husbands re-adjustment to the states.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments