Mia

She REALLY loves me.

Love might be an understatement.

Obsession comes to mind.

So does leech.



I know this is a phase, I know it - I know it - I know it. But COME ON girl!

I decided to document parts of her day, and by "her" I mean "our".

I needed to fold laundry, so she had to sit over here.



But got closer.



... and closer



VICTORY! (hers, not mine, I know that.)



One time I removed her and ran, and came back to this...



which she thought was hilarious.



I know the right thing to do; the girl needs some hardcore heart training. If another mother came to me with this attachment problem I'd have buckets full of sound, even biblical, advise to nip this baby in the bud. But when it comes to me, and my Mia, it is SO DIFFICULT. I have my reasons (cough cough -excuses- cough cough) but the truth is this little mini-me has me wrapped around her finger.

Cus she's just



so



cute.





"...For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

I want her heart to be beautiful for the Lord. And I believe that starts really, really young, like first breath young. So it's my job - before laundry and dishes and all that stuff - to spend a day or two (or ten) and train my sweet babe to honor the Lord by honoring me. "Holy smokes - she's too young, she can't understand!" Oh she can friends, she can.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Comments

Nathan said…
Amen!

The hard thing is, what makes them cute is usually the exact same thing that can make them unbearable by the time they're 2 or 3. We want to please the Lord with our obedience as parents and we want our children to be pleasing to the Lord by their obedience and sweet countenance. What a great testimony we can have with people anywhere we go when our children are a blessing!
Nathan said…
That was Jen posting, not Nate!
Lolly Caruana said…
Call me crazy, but I think you're just a sucker for the cuteness of 1 1/2-2 1/2 yr olds. :) I have a distinct memory of EVERY one of your babies being "wrapped around your finger" during this stage of life. You should go back and look at your blog archives... I wasn't reading your blog when Ben was at this age, but I'm pretty sure I remember you making comments about how cute he was to you...and then there was the "addie-tude" and then there was "troy-boy" and now there is "mia-liscious" (ok, that last one is mine, but she just is!) And I love them all, as well as the mommy who loves them well. :) miss u.
Julie Snell said…
Love Lolly's comment. Your kids are all pretty scrumptious. Mialiscious...perfect!
sfitz said…
Lolly, you know me all too well!!! And I think you've coined the phrase here "Mialiscious" totally fits her!

Ben wasn't ever really like this, believe it or not, because he's kind of had that "I'm a man and I need no one" demeanor since birth. Which is a whole other heart training issue!

And Amen to Jen! I get to tell people about my reliance on Jesus every time I go out!
A. said…
She is absolutely adorable! I love her smile!

You are such a wise and loving mother. You obviously have been doing this awhile, and noted yourself...this is just a phase. You ARE biblically parenting her every time you meet her needs. To know her mother is there whenever she needs her during a rough phase of her life. It won't last forever, and soon she'll be all independent knowing that her mother is a rock she can run to whenever she really needs her cup filled. :)

i think I just got my next blog topic. hee hee

Keep up the good work! You have such amazing kids, which is a testimony to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments