Addie and Jesus


(For my memory...)

Near the end of Toy Story 3 there's a scene where Woody, Buzz and all of Andy's toys are falling down a huge garbage pit into an incinerator. The kids were watching that movie today and I was off doing dishes when I hear Addison yelling at the computer screen, "PUT YOUR FAITH IN GOD! PUT YOUR FAITH IN JESUS! HURRY! PUT YOUR FAITH IN GOD!" I ran over wondering what on earth she was doing and she told me, "All the toys are going down to hell so I'm telling them to put their faith in God so they can be saved."

People say that children don't "get it" when it comes to being a Christian. They say they are too young to fully understand the implications of being a follower of Christ. I might agree, to some extent. But I live with Addison Sarah Fitzpatrick, and I think Jesus had her pictured in his mind when he talked about childlike faith. He had to have been thinking about Addie when he told the disciples to back off and let the little children come to him. Because this girl, this little freckly faced, blued eyed, dimple cheeked girl, is getting it. More than I do at times.

It takes my breath away to think about the ways God can use a child like Addison who wears her Jesus loving heart on her sleeve.

Tonight on the way to church she said, "I hope we don't get in a crash and die. Even though I want to go to Heaven, I want to have babies." That's my girl. :-)

I pray as life becomes more than sticker books and baby dolls that her sweet faith, her pure heart, her total trust in Jesus, will stand firm. I am so thankful for this little girl!

Comments

Wendy said…
For real David and I were laughing out loud picturing addie girl doing that! Not sure the other thing was a lighter note... But she sounds like she has a heart like her mama!
sfitz said…
So funny, huh! But she was so seriously concerned about their salvation. :-)

And I took out the lighter part, that's why I need an editor!
danp said…
wonderful! that's my girl! Papa Dan
Judy Prince said…
Sweeeeeeet Addie that made me have tears in my eyes. I agree with Wendy, she does have a heart like her mama. May she, and all my other grandchildren, always have a heart for Jesus! (Just like their parents)
Amy said…
Awesome! :) I love it. Addie's big cousing Natalie is JUST like it. When she got baptized last year I was SO worried....she was only 7, ...ONLY in 2nd grade....JUST a little kid. TOO young....BUT...SHE WAS READY! It is amazing! and I love it! ;)
and I love ya'll!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me