Psalm 105:1-5

"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name:
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he uttered..."

I wish I had read this at the beginning of my day instead of right now... I wonder if my disgusting and horribly ugly attitude toward my children would've been any different had I been giving "thanks to the Lord and calling upon his name"? Multiple times today I was the one who was out of line. I was the one who was yelling and throwing a tantrum. I was not "telling of all his wondrous works" in the least bit. I did not seek the Lord and his strength, nor his presence continually. I sought my chocolate chips cookies and rejoiced in bedtime. And now I'm sitting here reading the Word and thinking, how will they ever believe a word in the Bible when I act so contradictory to what it says? Everyone has their off days, I get that, but oh ... I crushed some spirits today. My words were cutting. And now as I read, and my heart is tuned, and I WISH I would've had my mind set on the things above starting at 6AM.

I see why David, the psalmist, talks over and over again about meeting with God in the morning. It gives a direction, and hope and strong words to have in my heart (and on my tongue) for the rest of the day. I really think there is something to reading the Word before I open my mouth in the morning... I need to refine my resolve to do that. If today wasn't a prime example of reading BEFORE my attitude plummets I don't know what is. Whose with me?? Text me in the morning with what you've read!!

Comments

The Brooner's said…
This is me today, feel defeated.
sfitz said…
Don't feel defeated Kari! You are an awesome mom who draws her strength from the LORD! Get in the Word, let me know what you're reading, like Beckey did. It made my morning. :)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me