Mia's Day

(Is it wrong that I'm posting about Mia's birthday before I post about Addison's?)

Mia, you turned TWO today. Turning two, in my book, means I get a free-pass on the whole birthday shebang. The first birthday I throw a party for everyone else's sake, and the third birthday (and every birthday after that) you will be well aware of so I have to do something big-ish. But turning two is -and I'm so sorry if this bursts your little two year old bubble- not that big of a deal. You won't remember it at all. So I didn't go crazy trying to make you feel crazy about today. BUT, I did take lots of pictures to document this day so you will have proof that while I didn't bake you a cake - or even have you blow out two candles (what kind of mother am I????) I did really, really care that it was a day that marked the end of quite possibly the cutest year of your life.


You received your awesomest present first and you immediately fell in love.


Then Troy got super sick and had to go to the doctor where he was diagnosed with an ear infection and pneumonia. Booooooo.


So you spent the rest of the morning in our home theater, complete with stadium seating, yaaaaaaaaay!


You took a nice nap, then played around with your horsey some more.


Did I mention you fell in love?


After we took dinner to a friend you came home and had pizza, noodles and a half of banana for dinner.

And that's when we sang "Happy Birthday" to you!



Then you opened a few more presents that Ben and Addison had wrapped up for you, and wanted to unwrap for you as well.


You got a dolly that looks an awful lot like your sister Addie and you love her


But not as much as you love your horsey!!!


Happy second birthday Mia Joy! You are pure sticky sweet joy and you are fiercely loved by all who know you.
Love, me (Mom)

Comments

Pam said…
Awwww... That was so nice! She didn't need cake! I totally believe in using the parental free passes on birthdays.
The Brooner's said…
kI love her riding the horse in her cast! Happy Birthday!
Julie said…
Happy birthday to Mia! Sounds like a good day to me! Poor Troy btw...sad little sicky.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me