On the Eve of my "Due-Date"

I feel overdue. This is not a justified feeling, however, because I'm not technically due until June 27th. But my sweet OB, whom I love and adore, told me two weeks ago she didn't think I'd go past Father's Day. Tomorrow is Father's Day. There is no sign this baby is coming, except the nightly contractions that rob me of three or four hours of sleep. Even though I still have 12 more days until my medical due date my mental due date is tomorrow. I LOVE my OB, but the only predictions she should make on when baby will be born is right on time, or late. Never early. It plays mental games on the credulous.

That being said...

I can't believe I'm about to have a baby! Six kids doesn't really throw me, what throws me is thinking about the fall when I'll have two at school and I'll still have four kids at home. (I practice my breathing techniques when that thought comes to mind.) Thats when I think, yeah, I have a lot of kids. I love having all my kids at home, I really do. I fantasize about becoming a full-time homeschool mom. When Ben and Addie are at school we all are a little forlorned until they get home. Sometimes people will say things like, "Oh do you get a little break when the older two are in school?" First I have to look up the word "break" real quick on my phone because the word sounds foreign, then I have to tell them that sending my two biggest helpers away for 7 hours, three days a week, doesn't help me out much. Plus, I really enjoy them. So I'm going to relish this summer with all my little hoodlums and pretend September is more than a measly 3 months away.

To my first born of 6: You are one reason why being a mom is so awesome. I can hang with you, and play Settlers of Catan with you, and stretch my brain with you. You are a fantastic older brother to babies, having another sibling is kind of a gift for you too. I can't wait to see you laying around with the tiny infant on your chest again, just like you've done with all the other littles.

To my first born daughter: You are one reason why having another baby doesn't sound completely insane. You are calming, and compassionate, and you get me in the most precious, mother-daughter kind of way, like me and my mom. I can't get enough of your silly self, and how intuitively sweet you are. Many days end with me thinking what in the world I'd do without you.

To my third born: My passionate, emotional, strong boy. You make being a mom exciting! Having a new baby will bring out your super sweet side which will make everyone fall even more in love with you. This baby will love having you for a big brother, I'm sure of it.

To my feisty fourth: You are one reason I can't wait to have another little one around. You are hilarious, and creative, and super fun. If this new Fitz has even an ounce of your spark I will be delighted because you are a firecracker, lighting up every room and everyone around you.

To my fifth child: You have melted into our family with such ease. I am so looking forward to seeing how you take all you've received from your older siblings and turn that around for your new younger sibling. I am amazed at all you can do on your own, just a 10 1/2 month old. Just 11 months apart from the new one, my little Irish Twins, so SO fun!

To my new little one: Oh boy, you have no idea what you're getting into here! It will be loud, and fun and crazy, and full, and tight. . . and filled with unfathomable amounts of love. We can't wait to meet you!! Feel free to come tomorrow, on your "due-date".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments