10 Things I'm Thankful For Today, 11/30/05

Today I'm thankful for...

1. The fact that it's the day before December and I'm able to go to an OUTSIDE mall wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Only in Sounthern California.
2. Staying up late and talking to my best friend in the whole world (Mark)
3. Christmas decorations
4. Not living in fear of condemnation
5. Not living in fear of anything, for that matter.
6. Knowing that when I get to heaven Christ isn't going to ask me what church I had a membership at. (Or is He? Any thoughts?)
7. My family's roots
8. Candles
9. The ability to share Christ's love by loving my husband.
10. New friends, like my neighbor Rosa and her daughter Sidney, and Leslie.


I know that there are many opinions on what will be said when those who follow Christ meet Him. I truly believe we will be shocked at who isn't and who is in heaven. I rest in these verses:

-1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit..."

-Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

-James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from beign polluted by the world."

-Palms 103:12 "as far as east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

I know that I serve a God who is a jealous God. (Exodus 34:14) There is nothing to be placed higher in our lives. He is to be feared (Dueteronomy 10:20), cherished, and honored (Isiah 26:13) to the fullest extent of the meaning of that word. As confident as I am in those qualities, I am also secure that my God is loving (1 John 5:2), compassionate, patient, and forgiving. Therefore, while I will strive to live in a way that speaks well of Him and shows His love, I will not live in fear of not being good enough for Him. He created me, and knows my imperfections and my perfections (if any). I am thankful, most of all, for His peace (john 14:27). And that's all I have to say about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments