Good Friday Great Easter

Besides Christ raising from the dead, and I'm not making small of that by any means, but besides his raising I think I found the other major reason for the season... Easter DRESSES! Nana and Papa Dan made a lovely addition, and a lovely breakfast, for our Easter morning.
Favorite picture to date, I think.
Oh no she didn't - OH YES I DID! How could I resist?
Didi and Gma made a lovely addition, and a lovely dinner, for our Easter evening!
This weekend was wonderful. We went to a fantastic Good Friday service at Mariners then we had my parents, Carrie and the kids and the Caruanas over for dinner. The thought that kept running through my head as I reflected on what Christ did on the cross was 'he did this for ME. And if I were the only one, he'd still do it for ME.' A sobering thought crossed my mind during the church service; if i were the only one on earth then I would've been the one to nail Jesus to the cross. As I thought about that it's as if I felt Jesus say 'you were the one who nailed me to the cross. But I still died and I still rose and I'd still do it again for you.' It was pretty moving.

Easter was a great time with (parts of) our family. I loved seeing Ben walk out of his class room waving a little flag that he made that read "Jesus is alive!" I said to Ben "He is risen" and he came back with a mighty "YES!" He'll get it someday, and when he does his face will light up even more. Precious.

I made the comment that I think Easter should be celebrated more than Christmas. Really, without Jesus raising from the dead, fulfilling all the prophesies, we would have no faith, and no hope. It's because of that third day that we are even called Christians. Christmas marks a very important day, don't get me wrong, but Easter, man, that's what we should be closing businesses for and singing countless songs about and telling everyone about. Lets give "the man" a reason to ban us from saying Happy Easter!! See store clerks, mailmen, grocery store people all can say "Happy Easter" right now because it's not threatening enough, which means they must not know what Easter is all about because Easter is certainly threatening. To celebrate Easter, really celebrate what it means, it first demands a statement of faith. Either you believe Jesus is alive or you don't. How are we, as believers, allowing the general public off the hook on this one? My prayer is that this time next year I will be ready to ask those around me why they are celebrating and also to be able to give them the reason why I am.


He IS risen!

Comments

Mamma Sarah said…
Amen! He is risen indeed!

Great pics and I'm so very happy that you had a wonderful Easter!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments