One Week...

Because I pushed out the last remaining quarter of brain I had left when I delivered Mia, I can't seem to put together enough words to make a cohesive thought to save my life. That being said...

The first week home with my fourth child was much different than my first week home with my firstborn.

Everything is louder.

Messier.

Spinnier.

(That's "spinny-er" as in, "everything and everyone is moving so fast in circles around me, they are much spinnier than usual." Spinnier.)

Mia has spent most of the week sleeping, much to the dismay of her doting brothers and sister who constantly ask me if they can hold her.

Constantly.

There was a couple of hours Monday evening when the older three were being, well, themselves x one million, and I retreated to a very dark bedroom and where I closed my eyes and prayed to open them and find myself back at the hospital.

But quick, before this sounds like my week was awful, (which it wasn't, not in the least, in fact nothing about this week even resembled awful), let me tell you that there is so much joy and awe and love and speechlessness that come with watching my three beautiful children fall in love with their little sister. Watching Ben be so careful with her, beaming at her as he holds her and kisses her forehead. Seeing Addison examine every detail of Mia, pointing out her "cute little nose" and her "teeny tiny toes" that are "soooooo adoeable". Addison is so excited every time she comes home from being out and finding that, "my new baby sister is still here!!" And Troy, oh sweet Troy. He is just a doll with his little "MeeeeAh". He says things like, "holdy" and "my turn" and when I go to take her from him he pulls her in and says No! And then cries when I really do take her away.

It has been a full week. With sweet family staying and tending to me and loving on all of us with tons of food and treats and clean laundry. We are so incredibly blessed. So rich. Every morning when I see her, our Little Joy, I am floored by how richly God has blessed us. It really does take my breath away. And leaves me speechless.

Comments

Joanna Reynolds said…
I hope that week number two brings less spinning!
Meg said…
Can't have been that spinny since you were able to observe and appreciate the majesty of Mia's siblings welcoming her to their family...truly magical and beautifully recorded for her!
~m
PS-when I had my third I told the doctor I was staying in the hospital 'til he was in kindergarten.
A. said…
That just sounds picture perfect! Nothing melts my heart more than seeing a sibling relationship grow, especialy at such a young, tender age.
Lolly Caruana said…
Oh, I wish I could hear Troy-boy saying her name!!! And I know what you mean about the "spinny" that's a perfect way to describe it! Though, it sounds to me, as if you must've recovered some of that brain-power back, because this is a beautiful description of life in the Fitz Fam. Love you, friend.
Anonymous said…
You are such a great mom, so natural and calm! It was so good to meet Mia.
Anonymous said…
what a sweet post! it makes me weepy! i've been thinking about you so much!! mia is beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments