February 6, 2011

She

is one.

ONE!

This year has flown by, I really, truly, cannot believe it has been a year since she was born. Kinda hurts my heart.

Mia is nothing less than pure JOY. Her entire birth day is marked with God's sweet grace to me. I had a list, desires if you will, of things I hoped would happen and for no reason other than loving to give good gifts to His children, God granted all of them.

Everything about her reminds me of God's provision, faithfulness and love for me and our family. At a time in our lives when having a baby sounded just mean, God used her as a light, as joy.

Instead of adding craziness she added peace. Instead of burden she brought ease. Instead of hardship, joy.

My favorite thing about Mia is her giggle. There are multiple times a day when I look over and she's just laughing at something. I've tried to get it on video, but no such luck. It's something I hope I remember for the rest of my life.

I am so excited because my favorite age of baby-hood is 12-24 months, which means Mia hasn't even peaked yet!

She slept in the moses basket, slept next to my bed, slept in my closet longer than the others. She is nursing longer, ate solids later, sat up later and crawled later than the others. She's not walking, not even close, she doesn't even stand on her own. And she's smaller.

All these things are just fine with me because it means that she's still more of a baby than a one year old.

(Side-note: It feels really good to NOT be pregnant on her first birthday, as I was on Addison's and Troy's. Yay!)

Happy birthday, sweet baby girl. Words do not do justice to the love we all have for you. I can't wait to see how God continues to use you as a blessing in the lives of everyone who knows you.

Comments

Julie Snell said…
Love her! So glad I got to see her beautiful face on her birthday!!!
Allison said…
Beautiful tribute! A year... wow!
Lauren Robbins said…
Happy 1st Birthday, Mia!! I can't believe it's been a year already! She's so precious.
Shannon said…
Happy Birthday! She is such a doll baby! I love she's rockin' the Ordinary Hero t!:)
Anonymous said…
1 already! She is so adorable. How fun that even with all her older siblings around she is taking her time to walk.
Joanna Reynolds said…
I loved all those pictures. She is gorgeous! Happy
Birthday Mia...I hope I get to meet you someday!
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday Mia! Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I love the one of her laying on her side and I think her tongue is out a little. Her eyes are amazing! Congrats on 4 beautiful children, and happy happy day to Mia! I think I might have to have another. hehe
Lisa Gomez said…
Anonymous is me. Didn't mean to go anonymous! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me