Loving it!

Not all days will be like this, I get that. But boy, do I LOVE it when homeschooling looks like this


and this


and this


and even this.


When we listen to Mozart and pick apart Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, and we break for painting and Bible and poetry and homemade applesauce. And each child works well and plays well independantly, allowing me to focus on one kids at a time. Multiple times this morning I looked around and thought, "Are you kidding me Lord?? This is SO not my doing, You have given me the best job in the world!"

Of course, last week I was laying in the couch when Mark came home from work, crying, "I don't want to be a mom who puts her kids in preschool because she can't stand them!" but that was totally how I felt. I was tired and easily irritated and everything I had planned had gone differently than what I so beautifully painted in my mind. This morning I prayed for my homeschooling friends who, my like myself, can feel overwhelmed, distracted, frustrated that our day didn't turn out picture worthy. I prayed that God would shut our mouths when they need to be shut, that peace would rule - even in hectic moments, that the distractions would seem silly, and that at the end of our schooling day our kids would know more about the love and grace of Jesus Christ. Because it is easy for me to teach them to memorize God's Word for credit in a class, but it is a Spiritual discipline for me to apply and live those words in my life. I really do have the best job ever. :)

(Days like today make me want to homeschool five days a week, not just two, but let's not get crazy here...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know how you do it with 4 kids! That is awesome that you got to spend so much time with them and things just flowed.
Anonymous said…
Sarah:

That would be school at home, not educating and discipling the hearts of our little ones as is talked about in Deuteronomy 6. A wise person once told me to begin with the end in mind. What do we want the adult version of our children to be equipped with and work backwards to what we need to be doing with them today. Dr. Raymond Moore is great to read and will encourage you if you can get any of his books (library may have them). We are working with our children this year towards their goals and giving guidance. Its who God made them to be and that's the joy of homeschooling. We can help them get there! Keep thinking discipleship...living out those aha moments with them, not the worksheets and workbooks that get finished. God bless you Fitz fam!
Heather Russell

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me