Christmas Books Review

My mom is awesome and loves to read and Christmastime was a great way for her to share that love with us kids! I've carried on the Christmas book warm fuzzies by starting a new tradition in my own little family: I buy a new Christmas book (or two) each year - and date it with a lovely Sharpie so I'll remember when it was the book struck my fancy. Here is a little list of some of my favorite Christmas books:

(OH! And because I like to abuse my blogging power by plugging adoption/orphan care anytime I can... Did you know that READING to a foster/adopted kid is one of the BEST ways to bond, infant and teenager alike? Well it is! The more you know...)

Alrighty, here we go... in no particular order... Who Is Coming To Our House? Super cute little rhyming board book about the animals in the stable getting ready for Mary and Joseph to arrive.



We all sing the songs at Christmas, priests and pop-stars do it, but do we know where they come from or why they were written? Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas goes behind the song writing scenes and gives us sweet insight into our favorite Christmas tunes. I really love this one!!


The Jesse Tree is a gem of a for-older-than-preschool-aged children's book. It's tells the lineage of Jesus, starting with Creation. WAIT! The story of Jesus doesn't start with Creation, it starts with Christmas!! Well no, no it doesn't. This is a fantastically illustrated book you're sure to enjoy as much as your child does.


This is not a book! How'd this get in here??? My bad.


(One of) My super cool brother(s) gave our family Stick Man a couple years ago and it was an instant hit. It's silly and catchy and by golly we love it.

(Um, Sarah? This book doesn't mention the birth of Jesus anywhere, in fact it talks about S A N T A.) Yes I know. And I still love it.

I don't like this book because it makes me cry. Addison LOVES it, so it makes the list. I do have a soft spot for The Tale of the Three Trees because, as I made known right around Halloween, I live for Easter! This book reminds us that Jesus was born to die. (Didn't stay dead!!) Love that.


I have more but I'm tired of copying and pasting... SO please leave me a comment telling me YOUR favorite Christmas books!!!

Comments

Kris Franklin said…
I adore the books:
"The story of Christmas" by Patricia Pingry

and

"God Gave Us Christmas" by Lisa T. Bergren and David Hohn.

The first, because it's written to tell kids just exactly WHY? we celebrate Christmas... which is perfect for 2 to 3 year olds!

Second one, because it reaffirms my older son's desire to know more than his little sister and shows how God is evident everywhere we can look.

We buy a new Christmas book every year, and they get a new book & new Christmas jammies every Christmas Eve to open. :)
Wendy said…
This is my favorite christmas book from childhood!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
Pigs at Christmas by Dubanevich
UK said…
This book brought richness to so many songs I love. Many reflect and discuss how God's hand has touched many of these songs. I think I will probably read it every Christmas

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me