Seven


Ben was the first of three surprises. (Addison was the only "Mark and Sarah's" planned child.) It was about 16 hours of labor, the first 10 I "tried" to go without an epidural... I'm no Wendy Wilson people, so got the shot and slept for a few blessed hours. When I woke up I spent 3.5 hours pushing... about 3 hours of which were totally unnecessary - but what did I know? And then he was born...

He was born at least 40 years old, just like Mark, so every birthday until then will just be a stepping stone to get him to the age he's really supposed to be.

Ben is fantastic, really, I LOVE having a 7 year old Benjamin!

He's really enjoyable because he gets super excited about things, and he has the best smile and the brightest eyes and greatest facial expressions.



He loves math, and won an award for it last trimester at his school. And he loves Legos.



Did I say loves? I meant LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES legos!



He is the SWEETEST BROTHER EVER - to Mia. Not so much to the T-man, but we're working on that (and might be for the rest of his life...)

He's really fun to play games with! Uno is his favorite, but that's only because I don't know how to play chess. I think I'd be the coolest mom ever if I learned how to play chess with him, man he would love that! He also really, really loves soccer. He might forgive my lack of chess knowledge if I agree to play soccer with him everyday for the next 11 years.

ELEVEN years. That's how many years are left until he turns 18. Are you kidding me? That does NOT sound like a lot!!! I am not a fan of that thought, lets move on...

Often I feel bad for Ben because I'm, admittedly, harder on him than the others. I have less of a clue as to what I'm doing with him, parenting-wise, because every single thing he does is a first for me, and it'll be that way for the rest of his life - poor firstborn. He's a lousy eater and has bad teeth, two more things I blame myself for... moving on again...

I LOVE BEN! I love that he's eager and excitable and fun and loving and silly and sporty. He has a lot of Bible smarts which I'm praying will translate into a love for Jesus as his savior someday. Ben is a great leader and we pray that the Lord will use him to do mighty things for His Kingdom!

Happy Birthday sweet Ben, my firstborn. The one who ushered me into my dream job. I see you and I see a tiny baby, with a little nose and long fingers and a head full of sweet smelling hair, and my heart stops for a moment and tears well in my eyes because you are far, far away from being that baby anymore. You are tall and strong and thoughtful and just. so. big. My dear boy, my boy... oh, how I love you so! Happy birthday, Benny!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok- tears- I admit it! He is very special and you wrote it perfectly! Dad
Julie said…
Oh my goodness! So many memories o that little benny...in that house...with that little red headed baby A crawling around, while ben jumped on anyone sitting in that cozy chair. Happy Birthday Ben!
Wendy said…
Why did you have to go and opst the video of your old house... So Sad... all the Fitz kids growing up so fast away from the "circle"... the circle we would not have in our lives without the Fitz fam. Thank you Ben, for being born and giving your mom a reason to be at the park that day to meet Lolly. I have such a great friend because of it. :)
danp301@me.com said…
didn't see the video the first time = I know that has to be Addie, but oh my she looks just like Mia!! Love the video, remember it clearly; great record of his early singing career for the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me