Perfection

Addison: Mom, what will you give me if I do nothing wrong for a whole day?

Me: Sounds lovely, but it's not possible. Mom and Dad can't even go a whole day without doing one thing wrong, because we are human and we can't be perfect. Do you know who the ONLY person to go, not just one day, but his WHOLE LIFE without doing one thing wrong is?

Troy: (raising his hand, of course) Is it ME?

Oh Troy...


**Incase you were thinking maybe Troy is a good answer, the correct answer is JESUS.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Comments

Judy Prince said…
Oh that Troy! I did think T man was the answer, though ;-)
Julie said…
Man I just adore Troy the Boy!
Loved this post. You have some very intelligent children. And you are a smart mama with that answer. I'd have been tempted to use the opportunity to encourage a day of a perfect child. What a wonderful teachable moment. Love hearing about your family, Sara.
Hippo Brigade said…
I love this! I even need to be reminded about God's perfect love, and Berlyn was the one to do it for me:
I was watching her put toothpaste on her toothbrush, and she asked me, "is this enough?" and I said that it was perfect. Then she stopped what she was doing, looked at me, and said, "no mama, only God is perfect."

UGH!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me