1 month and 29 years

Addison is already one month old, and Mark turned 29 on the second! We had a very fun weekend celebrating with friends and family.

Is it summer time?? We are loving the weather, playing outside for hours and enjoying our backyard and the park. Addie is one good joke away from starting to smile it seems. My mom swears, and I believe her, that she has smiled for her. I think I've seen the beginnings of some smiles myself. I love those little peeks into what cuteness is to come. She's sleeping like a champ still and nursing perfectly too. Ben has taken an active role in helping burp her, he's very good at it. :)


Last Friday Mark and I got all dolled up and went to a fancy-shmancy banquet thrown by First Team Real Estate for those who've sold over a certain dollar amount in 2006. I am so proud of Mark for "making the cut" so to speak. He was the youngest guy there by at least 10 years. We left the kids with my mom and were able to really enjoy our evening together. It was painfully obvious that I'm not quite the party animal that I use to be as we stood waiting for our car to leave the party at 10:15, watching younger 20 somethings walking in to start their evening. As if that wasn't a clue that something has changed... while they all had their Louis Vuitton purses I carried my breast pump over my shoulder. It was a proud, yet humbling moment.
Saturday we went to a birthday party for our buddy Josh then had a little party for Mark on Sunday. So see why our weekend was so good? The days are just flying by. It's hard for me to keep up with it all. I've started this particular blog three times since Sunday and I'm just now finishing it. I want to take in every detail of this infancy time with Addie, and that is proving to be a lot hard than it was with Ben. Unfortunately her baby book might be missing a few pages. But they're here, locked in my brain. And at the end of the day (which comes around 9 o'clock as of late) I hold our baby girl and think about how incredibly blessed we are.


Comments

Amy said…
Younger 20 somethings...aren't you a 'younger 20?'. I think more rather it has to do with the internalness of being a parent...(of two). But your gist is very well accepted! I have feet pictures too!....Just LOVE those baby feet! :) ~ Amy
Mamma Sarah said…
Great family shots. Man, don't you just love that feeling of being "old"? NOT!!!! I'm celebrating my 29th BD today and don't feel it at times, but others I certainly do. :-9 Oh well.

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me