Lovin' the kiddos

This is Ben's newest head cover of choice. Feeding his hunger for hats, Gavin gave this helmet to Ben and saying he loves it would be putting it lightly. He has worn it pretty much for the duration of two days. It's funny to watch him ride his scooter (which has Disney princess's on it because it was a hand-me-down from the neighbor girl) with this big old helmet on. He sort of fell without it on yesterday and promptly said "uh oh, helmet on" and ran to go put it on.

Mark and I spend a great deal of our days just laughing at Ben. The other day he showed me a picture and said "mommy, Dinosaur!" and I said "yes Ben! That's a triceratops." And he looked at me so seriously and said "no mom, dinosaur." Couldn't argue with him on that. Although we do frequently spat over colors. He likes to tell me things are green when he knows they are yellow. From the stories I hear about what Mark was like when he was a kid I think Ben might be a chip off the old block. Fine by me because I sure do love his daddy! (Who only has 8 more days off his night job. Sad, sad me.)





This little girl is just coming alive more and more every day! She greets me now with big smiles, especially in the morning. She's not really a cry-er, so much as a squeaker/squawker. Very cute. And to add to my seemingly constant bragging blog - she has slept through the night twice! We're talking one night of 11 straight hours and another night of almost 9! So we're doing pretty good, maybe that'll get a little more consistent and then we'll really be on our way.
We have had a few pretty busy days of fun, fun, fun which resulted in Ben having a fever on Sunday. But, being the resilient little boy that he is, it didn't last long and he's fine. I think I think I worried longer than he actually had the fever. Hey, I'm a mom.
Since I use this blog to help me remember the going-ons of my life, I'm going to list some of the fun things we've done lately, feel free to skip this part (assuming I still have an audience).
So thankful for...
~ sweet Lauren coming down for a visit on Wednesday. What a faithful friend to always be more than willing to come to me and bend to my time restrictions. What a doll.
~ time at Jason and Carrie's having a delicious dinner and watching the boys play together. They had so much fun, we need to get them together more often! Plus Jason held Addison for the first time. (He had seen her before, but she was occupied.) Gavin and Ben had a blast together, it was really fun.
~ Having the Caruana's and Rassmusins over for dinner on Friday. Love seeing those people and so thankful that Barbara and Steve get to move into their house this weekend!!
~ getting to see very good family friends on Saturday, Mark and Debbie. My parent's have been friends with them for nearly 30 years! Talk about your faithful friend! I learned that it wasn't just Mark and Debbie who took my parents in after their move from Tennessee to CA, it was their entire family. In fact, they are listed under children in the obituary of Debbie's dad. That's love.
~ seeing a bunch of old friends at a baby shower Saturday afternoon and watching Ben and Thompson play together. Ben was the instigator of a water war that ended with three very wet kiddos. Good old Ben.
~time with Mark, just hanging out together. His 8 weeks off has quickly turned into only 8 days left and we are so sad! I have been so spoiled having him home every night. I love him so.

Comments

Mamma Sarah said…
You certainly have some cuties on your hands. :-) The bath picture is totally adorable.
Amy said…
Hey Sarah!!! Love seeing your pics! I love you too! Miss ya! Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Comments

In a Nut Shell...

Crafty Me