BFF (aeaeaeaeaeae)


Do you remember those Noxema commercials, circa 1996-98, where two girls, most likely wearing overalls and pony tails and were painting each other's nails or something, would look at the camera and say, "I'm Katie, this is Jackie." and then together they'd really enthusiastically say, "We're best friends." Remember those? Yeah, well, I think I'm missing out on some royalties or something because whoever "created" those commercials totally stole the concept from me and Taylore, we were the epitome of the Noxema Girls. So much so that I remember us being called that by kids in high school. My neighbor is in high school and her best friend is over ALL the time. Sometimes I roll my eyes at their giggly little ways and think, geez, don't they ever get sick of each other? And then I think of Tay and the hours upon hours we spent together and how we'd talk on the phone for umpteen hours and hang up only so one of us could go to the other one's house for the weekend.

Since fourth grade we've done everything together. We are constantly amazed at how God has kept our lives so parallel for over 20 years. (Oh my gosh, did I just say TWENTY YEARS?) From the glories and pitfalls of growing up, to our weddings being two months apart, to three simultaneous pregnancies, to our lives as wives and mothers, the Lord has kept us walking very similar paths. It is such a gift to have such a significant friend who has known me - really known me - for most of my life. That is a treasure like no other.

All this to say... Tay has moved back to relative driving distance and we are up to our old antics again, with the addition of our six children. Though our trips to the mall look much different now than they did 12 years ago, we never cease to have at least one good belly laugh and a few "That God, I tell ya." moments.

A couple of nights ago I drove up to Fullerton and all 8 of us walked from Tay's house to Spaghetti Factory where we got dinner to-go then sat at the train station and watched the trains come in and out. You would've thought we'd taken the kids to Disneyland they were so happy! Ben and Thompson are four days apart, Owen and Addison are 4 months apart and Calvin and Troy are 4 weeks apart. See what I mean? That God, I tell ya...







Comments

Anonymous said…
That is SOOOO fun!! what a treasured friendship!!!
Lolly Caruana said…
those pictures are beautiful!!! wowee! taylor's kids have her stunning eyes! maybe some arranged marriages are in your futures! :) oh, and i totally remember those noxema commercials. i was convinced that my skin would be transformed if i'd faithfully use that white cleanser...and then I thought the trick would be a scrub and then a peel-off mask...do you remember those fads??? to my disappointment, i ended up with the same skin i started out with. but those commercials sure were convincing! tell that original beautiful bff that this indiana bff says hello! :)
Anonymous said…
Wow! How fun...we made your blog! I am truly thankful for you and the gift of your friendship (did you really say 20 years...yikes). You have been such a blessing in my life and I am continually tickled by the way things have just fallen into place so perfectly! I love being on the mom journey right alongside you. Thanks for sticking with me...through SO much..through so many different seasons of life! Can't wait until we are 80 and we're roaming the halls of our old person home....throwing dance parties and waking up old people with our regular belly laughs that I can always count on! I love you! Tay PS. Hi to Lolly too! Arranged marriages are fine with me! PPS You better tell me when you start preparing for the 4th....or we could just not tell eachother and count on us simultaneously getting pregant around the same time like we have the last three times. Is it possible it could happen a 4th time? :)
Anonymous said…
Cutest pictures ever!!! All those beautiful children together.... what a super blessing you both have been given with your friendship past, present, and future. I'm so proud of both you and Tay. And...anything is possible even the 4th time around.
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me