Happy Birthday MIL!

Saturday was Tina, my lovely Mother-in-law's birthday! We drove up to Simi and got to spend a little time celebrating with her. I think I've really dropped the ball on these lists, but, whadaya gonna do?

5 Things I Liked About Tina When I First Met Her:

1. Very spirited and fun.
2. Extremely welcoming to me, and my family.
3. She went out of her way to find out my favorites and then spoiled me with them nearly every time she saw me.
4. Her obvious adoration for her husband. (I mean, she still totally has a crush on him, it's so cute.)
5. Her willingness to let me be the #1 woman in Mark's life. I didn't grasp the depth of that gift until I had a son of my own.

5 Thins I Like About Tina Now:

1. Her excitement and great expectation of the Lord's imminent return, and her total love for Him.
2. Her gift of finding exact items for incredible prices... Our house and closets would be rather empty without her deal finding talents.
3. Not just her willingness but her desire to serve others in her spare time, at the expense of having no spare time.
4. The way she makes me and my family feel so welcome and comfortable, even on short notice, at her house. I often go to Simi, even without Mark, because of the way she (and Paul!) make us feel so at home.
5. Her desire to know how things work. She doesn't just let people do stuff for her, she's right there watching how they do it so she can do it on her own the next time. She is knowledgeable about SO many different things, it's pretty neat and I really appreciate that about her.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! We love you!!



Ben spent the better part of Saturday morning making "gifts" for Gma. Then he opened all of them for her.




She's awesome because she spent the first part of her dinner party finger painting in the garage with the kids.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a gift you have Sarah! I am glad you recognize it! Love, Tay :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments