Lol Was Here!

And by Lol I mean Lolly, not Laugh Out Loud, which is how I thought she was signing her emails the first few times she wrote me. :-) It was refreshing to be with her, even in the midst of our family feeling crummy health-wise, she just came along and blessed our hearts with her sweet words, gifts and actions. One day, while I was in the lowest of lows, she brought me homemade chocolate chip banana bread and cleaned my kitchen while tending to all our children, just like the good ol' days. People often ask me how I'm doing without Lolly around since she moved and on days like that day it hits hard how truly far away she lives. It's really the small things, like shared banana bread and folding laundry, that I miss most. BUT, I will not let sadness define our relationship! We love love love getting to be together, with our families especially, and we will always be looking forward to those times, however few and far between they may be.

The night before she and the kids left we made s'mores at her parent's house, a perfect way to wrap up a wonderful trip.

Am I ghostly or what? I may have take my fear of sunburn a bit to far, my face is so pale! Anyway... That's Troyboy sleeping in the wrap under a towel to keep smoke out of his face and s'more crumbs off of his head.







Comments

Candie said…
such a precious post. true meaningful friendships are so very important and crucial to getting through this crazy life. im so happy you had some quality time with the amazing Lolly :)
ps. i want to reach through my computer screen and snag one of those smores!
Lolly Caruana said…
wowee! I LOVE words of affirmation, and my love tank is FULL!!! :) thanks, friend, for making me feel so loved and special. i hope you know how very much you are loved, and definitely missed! indiana's just not the same without you and the fitzson gang to have adventures with! :)
p.s. and MAN do I need a friend to fold laundry with right now! i almost took a picture of my laundry room today because it's still crazy-full o clothes from our trip! u can check in on me tomorrow and see if i've actually attempted to make a dent in it!!! :) love you, girl!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me