Mental Videos

Many, many, many times throughout the day I wish I had a little video camera implanted in my brain so I could capture all the moments with my kids that I really don't want to forget. If I could, I would get these clips on film...

~Ben putting his "blinders on" so that he won't be tempted when we walk through stores where he knows he wants something - which is everywhere we go. We've been talking a lot about the fact that the enemy knows coveting is a weakness for Ben, so he will use that to try and tempt Ben any time he gets a chance. It's really neat, and pretty funny, to see him fight that temptation by covering the sides of his eyes and walking as far away as possible from toy aisles and candy aisles.

~Troy singing, and singing and singing his little heart out. Every time I try to get a recording he stops immediately. So I just cherish his exuberance and LOUD voice and try to etch it into my memory.

~ On that note, (get it- note... ha!), I'd love to have a video of each of my kids singing, really worshiping. The way they sing in the car when I'm not looking at them. If I look at them or try to get a video all sincerity is gone and silly crazies come out.

~ I'd really enjoy, a perma-camera on Troy, because pretty much everything he does and says is hi-larious and or/super cute, especially when he doesn't know anyone is watching. We could call it The Tman Show.

~ Addison dancing. She's such a free spirit and I love watching her dance. I almost don't even want to put her into a dance class for fear they'd take her reckless abandonment away.

~ Ben when it's just me and him, or him and Mark, and he's so relaxed and talkative and thoughtful. It's like talking with a 30 year old, he even lowers his voice so he sounds older than he is. I love those moments with him.


Here's a little video I did manage to get a few weeks ago. Set up: Addison hurt her wrist (not really) and need it to be bandaged (not really). Mark was pretending to call the Whaaaaaaa-mbulance because she was whining so much about it (really). There is a classic Addie move at the end, so stick it out.

Comments

Wendy said…
I love that... she does not know if she needs to be laughing or crying. Classic.
Julie Snell said…
Oh the fake cry...this is even better when she fake cried when I put her to bed and she told me I would never EVER be allowed to come to her house again. I love that drama queen!

I also LOVE Troy's "dance!"

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments