My Age Limit

Tonight I went to a meeting for the preschool co-op Addison will be in this fall and there were three tiny babies, we're talking weeks old here, and a few pregnant mommies and HOLY MOLY I was seriously going crazy with envy! I think I even got tears in my eyes at one point while looking at a 3 week old. I kept staring at those tiny little ones and thinking, I want one of those, I NEED one of those! I know, I know, Mia is not even 7 months old yet, but I love babies SO MUCH!

I am a baby mama and I don't think that'll ever change. I am really good with babies too, and toddlers most of the time, it's the bigger kids that are becoming the birth control for me, no offense to any of the sweet "bigger kids" in my life. I love you, but I feel like I'm in over my head when I'm around you. I don't know what to say, I'm not sure how to act. I used to be so funny to you and now I'm kind of annoying, and vise versa.

One of my kids is quickly becoming a bigger kid and at times I feel like a fish out of water with him. Ages 0-5, those are my sweet spots, but beyond that is beyond my comfort zone. When one of my older nephews has a birthday I am clueless as to what to get them. Is Bob the Builder still cool? I dunno... maybe a nice Blues Clues coloring book?

But OH, to have a tiny little bundle resting on my chest... I feel like that's what I was made for. It is only with great faith that I tiptoe into this new role of "Mother of a Big Kid", trusting that the Lord will continue to shed light onto who I am to be, and how I am to be that way, to all the big kids in my life. I go very reluctantly, wishing for just a few more years of littleness for my big boy.

Ben is starting Kindergarden next week.

I am a mess.

Comments

Wendy said…
After reading this blog... I am now putting money on you having baby number 5. :)
Julie Snell said…
Bring on big kid ben! By the time Mia is 5+ you will be a pro...and like Wendy said - the more and more time passes, I also think there are more little ones in store for the Fitz Fam.
Anonymous said…
I know what you mean about the newborn love! I realized this when I was in africa and somehow babies would always find themselves being rocked and love in my arms...it's like my arms and chest were made for babies! Gosh this post made me want another baby even more badly than before! I remember when I held Isaac for the first time and the world seemed different in the most amazing way.
Maybe you're suppose to have more babies or maybe you should volunteer at a birthing center or something like that (because I know how much free time you have). Or maybe you could work one sunday in the church nursery? Just a thought. That's crazy that Ben is going to school already!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments