Pride Cometh Before the Fall

If you've read my blog for awhile now, and I think all 3 of you have, then you know I've talked a lot about how great of a sleeper Ben is. We can put him down anywhere, I'd boast. He asks to go to bed, I'd brag. He'll even sleep without his blanket, I'd say as I polished the horn I just finished tooting. Others would talk about how their kids don't go to bed until 8 or after and I'd shake my head in slight disgust. My haughty eyes have given their fare share of glances, folks, and I am here to repent! Ben has officially been denounced from his best sleeper ever title. It turns out he's just like every other kid out there when it comes to bedtime: dying of thirst, hungry - no -STARVING, too cold, acutely sensitive to light -or the lack thereof, too hot, has an insatiable desire for books - the longest ones on the shelf of course, and a never ending need to pee. His bed time moved from 7 to 7:30, but his "fall asleep" time is 9 or 9:30. Tuesday night it was well after 10. The only advantage this might offer is you'd think later bedtime = later sleeping in time. Oh contraire, he's been getting up in the 5s. THE FIVES! We tell him to go back to bed, of course, only to have him at our door again in the mid 6s. This is not ok. I realize he's gone through a lot of change over the last couple of months; a new baby in the house, a toddler bed, big boy pants... and while Addison is very much here to stay I am tempted to resurrect the crib and reinstate diapers.

Well, at least he still the best napper known to man.

Comments

Amy said…
:)
Anonymous said…
Keep at it mama! God does a great job of humbling us through our children. I have never been so humble...and will be more so tomorrow!

Love you...sis-in-law Amy
Anonymous said…
Sarah, Papa, Todd Amy and I laughed at your confession. Such is Motherhood!!!
pamela prince said…
I feel for you really. But I do feel it is time for some equality to roll around.

Oops, sorry!
Carrie P said…
I agree with Pam...FINALLY...no more braggin!
just kidding.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments