This Boy

Troy is two and a half.



That could really be the end of the post because that little sentence pretty much says it all.



To keep myself from hurling profanities at him when he's crying for the bagillionth time I take his fat cheeks in my hands and tell him he's turning my brains to spaghetti and if he doesn't stop crying I'm going to serve him spaghetti-brains for dinner.



No! Not Troy!




Yes. Troy.



He says awesome things, like he can't fly because he's not Buzz Lightyear, and he can't climb a pole because he's not a firefighter, and he can't wipe his own buns because he's not a mom. Wait, what?



I thank God for Troy because without him I think my prayer life would be lacking, and I might start to think I've got a grasp on mothering. But good 'ol Tman rescues me everyday from myself, and reminds me how much I must depend on Christ for patience, and sanity.

Comments

We all have one that knows how to push our buttons! I won't say which one of my sons does that....(Ty) The only saving grace for them is that they are so darn cute, right?
Allison said…
That is awesome. The post, that is. Well said... you are not alone. :)
Anonymous said…
What a cutie!
linsey said…
Mine is a Henry. Hank. Hurricane Hank to be honest. Every week at my mom's group we go around the table for prayer requests and Henry's name and mothering him gently and wisely always is my prayer of choice. But no one makes me laugh and smile like him. Those DAMN DIMPLES! I also remember being glad he went through his terrible two's at two. Nope! That was just him being two because he is now three, and well...just, well...
Julie Snell said…
I love this kid!!! Seriously! Those pix are hilarious!!!
Amy said…
lol! Just read this, and LOVED it! I was beginning to think all your kids were so perfectly behaved! My Bradley...well, he's probably our last for a VERY good reason! Bull in a China shop, he is! lol! And, Michelle Fallman, ....said it! I tell Bradley that all the time, "If you weren't SO darn cute boy!!!"

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments