Sarah Summarized

Patience and kind words has been my focus with the kids this week. Me to them, mind you. I've been asking the Lord to change my attitude pretty consistently as it seems I'm always in need of a tune up. I noticed that a lot of times when my kids ask for something I answer them like I'm really irritated and bugged. What if that's how God responded to me when I asked him for help? "SERIOUSLY? Can't you just do it? You have done this a million times, figure it out." Yep, I've said those words, and much worse. I also noticed how my tone of voice is much nicer with other people's kids than my own. By his grace, I am taking a split second to think how I want someone to respond to me before I respond to them.

Oh I am so thankful for the love of Christ because there are soooooooo many days where I feel unloving and it is painfully obvious when I love on my own, out of my own supply, that my reserve is shallow and I come up empty. When I am bugged that my child needs help putting on his shoes, or annoyed when asked for a cup of water, that's when I know I'm not drawing from the Lord. I'm serving out of the flesh, not out of the Spirit, and something needs to be done about that!

I love the Italian phrase which is something like, "Senza Christo, neinte." It means, "Without Christ, nothing."

And that's me; Senza Christo, neinte.

Comments

Lolly Caruana said…
mmmhhmmm!!! i like that italian phrase. i think it should become a part of my regular vocabulary. beautiful. Jesus, without You, we, are hopelessly, sadly, desperately lost. You are the Friend that wants us to lean upon depend on call on MORE. I thank You that You mysteriously, miraculously, powerfully, REAL-LY meet us in our regular everyday problems, just as REAL-LY as You meet us in our overwhelming, won't-survive-without-a-miracle problems. You are the I AM. For every moment, You are the LIFE, the TRUTH, the WAY. Show us Your way, Heavenly Father. And may You receive ever more and more glory from us.
Candie said…
love that phrase. thank you so much for posting!
sfitz said…
It's on my "potential tattoo" list... In the meantime I want to get a bumper sticker made, or a license plate holder maybe? I love it.
The Brooner's said…
I hear ya! I have been doing a great biblestudy, Power of a Womens Words...its awesome, cause I struggle with the same thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments